xisto Community
Vyoma

From Window Of A Train Some photographs I took on my vacation

I was going through some of the photos I had taken some time back when I was on my vacation. The following two are amoung the lot I had taken:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first one isn't that good... I dunno! But it does seem as if there's a sumo fighter peeing next to the tree. :unsure: (Or is that just me?)Anyways, the second one is also quite nice, but nothing breathtaking... sorry!

It would have been more enjoyable if you would tell us the location. Anyway can you please tell us something about ImageShack, I have not really heard of it before.

I was going through some of the photos I had taken some time back when I was on my vacation. The following two are amoung the lot I had taken:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've just got a new camera so watch this space

It would have been more enjoyable if you would tell us the location. Anyway can you please tell us something about ImageShack, I have not really heard of it before.

I've just got a new camera so watch this space

Has anyone got experience of uploading pictures to an Excel template? Some of mine come out o.k. and others are distorted.

ImageShack? Isn't that a photo hosting service? Their website: http://imageshack.us/. As far as I know they can host images up to 1024KB and automatically resize if they're bigger. They also offer a resize option for any picture regardless of the size. They offer the usual set of forum links, direct links, sharing with friends, etc.
I like the photos...and I think the second one is better than the first one. The first one seems almost blurry, like something went wrong with the camera lens, but the second one has a nice focused feeling to it. I also like the contrast of colors in the second one. @seec77, now that you mention it, it seems like the second one has a sumo wrestler right in front of the tree too. :unsure:

The first one isn't that good... I dunno! But it does seem as if there's a sumo fighter peeing next to the tree. :unsure: (Or is that just me?)
Anyways, the second one is also quite nice, but nothing breathtaking... sorry!

That is actually a guy on a cycle going on the trail that is present behind the grass. If you watch carefull on the left edge, there is also a van on that road.

I know, they are not quite breathtaking. I just am not that good at composition of photographs.

sid.calcutta and writemaggie1, what Arbitrary said about ImageShack should suffice on what it is. It is just a free image hoster. They can host images upto 1024 kb per file, provide resizing facility, create a thumbnail for the picture if it is jpg or png format, and also give links to them all. And the files will be kept on their server for a year from the day it was last accessed. Even if someone looks at that image on the 364th day after the last access, it will be kept alive on the servers for another year.

Now, about some background on where and when I took the photograph. I was on a journey on a train, where the train goes through Kerala and southern part of Karnataka. (These are south-eastern states of India). Hold on. I will try to locate it on Wikimapia: http://wikimapia.org/ In the map, the train was going along the coast, towards north, towards the city called Manglore.

And I had slept of when it was travelling in the night. The morning, I woke up just as the sun had risen, and I sleepily took out the digital camera my frined had lent me and started clicking them photos. I think that is why the first one is a bit blurry. My friend had put all the set of photos onto a CD and had given it to me. It was about a year back. I had almost forgotten about it, and I happened to go through it a couple of days before. It has qutie a number of photos that I had taken on that vacation, these were just two of them.

Now, about some background on where and when I took the photograph. I was on a journey on a train, where the train goes through Kerala and southern part of Karnataka.

I thought it was somewhere in south india. The palm tree is predominant and the blue coloured rod in the second pic is a dead give-away for a sleeper-class compartment :unsure:.

The pics are neat, but nothing phenomenal ... maybe that's because I'm from India.

I thought it was somewhere in south india. The palm tree is predominant and the blue coloured rod in the second pic is a dead give-away for a sleeper-class compartment :unsure:.
The pics are neat, but nothing phenomenal ... maybe that's because I'm from India.

My name and everything suggests where do I stay, still, I liked the pictures. But Abhiram, what an inspection, I'm amazed to see it. Great. Anyway nice to learn something about ImageShack.

But Abhiram, what an inspection, I'm amazed to see it. Great.

Thanks ... but for someone who travels from Hyderabad to Chennai 8-10 times a year, it's not too difficult to notice. :unsure:

The pics are nice, the resolution is really good especially if you consider the fact that they've been taken from a moving train. But it's what I see all the time, can't really appreciate palm trees and lakes.
Edited by abhiram (see edit history)

Now that you mention it, it was sleeper class compartment I got tickets for on that occassion. I rarely travel, and I did not even know if I had to take an AC compartment or the sleeper. Luckily, the climate then was good and it was a nice journey. Also, taking a sleeper did help because, I have been in AC and they are so closed. Those trains only have a small peek hole kind of thing, where you do not have much room to move around the camera.

And abhiram, I do not think the reason why the pictures are not phenomenal is because you are from India. It is like I said before, I still do not have the knack to get a good composition. All my photos seem to come out with mediocre results even with good lighting conditions. I still need to practice a lot more.

A little off-topic, but I've never been in the AC compartment. It's a little too expensive over the sleeper class. Of course, you could have also been in the general compartment, but I was just assuming that it's impossible to sleep in there. Also, I would least expect a guy with a camera (digicam in this case) to travel in general.

I do not think the reason why the pictures are not phenomenal is because you are from India. It is like I said before, I still do not have the knack to get a good composition.

Maybe you're right ... but don't take what I say at face value. I'm no expert. Maybe we can get m^e into this discussion and ask him wht's his take on the pics. He's a photography buff. :unsure:
Edited by abhiram (see edit history)

AC compartments in Indian Railways are a bit on the expensive side, but they are preferable if one is travelling during the summers because the heat would be unbearable. If the weather is fine, I do not mind going in a Sleeper Class compartment. But I have been in General class too. Had a six hour journey once, that really gave the experience of what India really is.

Ah! And I hope I can get a Digital Camera. As I stated earlier, that was my friend's camera. I never till now pooled enough cash to buy it. Not that I did not pool cash at all, but I would always spend on other things. A year after my job, I collected enough and went for a Royal Enfield Machishmo, my Bullet bike. :unsure: Then, spent a few months giving the EMI to the loan I had to take to buy that bike. When that got over, (that is very recently), I have been spending it on other things. Like fixing my computer (needs to be fixed again, though), getting a TV tuner card and such stuff.

Maybe you're right ... but don't take what I say at face value. I'm no expert. Maybe we can get m^e into this discussion and ask him wht's his take on the pics. He's a photography buff. :D

Hmmm. I think miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG can give some good pointers. But it is quite hard to catch him these days. He popped into the forum only yesterday.

Yo! miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG! Can you hear me?

And more over miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG was supposed to make an article on composition. I had asked him for that. Hope he is reading this. :D