xisto Community
cassie1405241527

I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

I have a few questions:Is it worth it to play maplestory or runescape? what is the object of each game? How do you play? what does it require? if you have played it, did you enjoy it? is it time-consuming (as in, you must be on at least once every other day to keep up with the game)?i'm curious and thinking of playing.

Mmm... I've never played Runescape, but I have played Maple Story before. I didn't get very far, though, because it just didn't seem to be my kind of game. It plays like a side-scroller, the combat is weird, and although I do like cutesy graphics to an extent, the graphics were strange also... everything looked like some sort of pixel doll. The main goal of it seemed to be the same as other online RPGs, to level up, get stronger, and beat bigger monsters... while also buying accessories and stuff to make your character look cool. I think I remember it not taking up too much space on my hard drive, either. But, hopefully someone who played it (or still plays it) and enjoyed the game can tell you about it too! :unsure:

@Barako, we complement each other. :unsure: I've never played Maple Story, but I have played Runescape. Anyway, the point of Runescape is to develop your combat skills, get assortments of armor, level up, get more cash, and get more possessions. Of course there's a number of ways that you can go about doing this--killing, selling expensive things etc. There's also a number of roles you could play in the society--sell feathers, blacksmith, something of the sort. The game does get boring after a while though--once you've had enough levels and explored a number of its features. Then you'd have to pay to get more features...or you could, (like me) just quit the game. :D

I think Maplestory is more fun. I have tried both MapleStory and RuneScape before and I stuck with MapleStory.MapleStory's graphics are more detailed, but it is very hard to level up when you reach a certian level. Now I don't play MapleStory so much but I occasionally run MapleStory and play it when I'm bored.

MS has better graphics, but thats all I know.Runescape is no-download, you can play from any computer. You can't run out of things to do, Arbitary was probably f2p and picky. In one way, it's completable, you can get 99 in a skill but you can still get much more xp, and higher up on the highscores. But in another way, it's updated almost weekly, so it takes years of fun to finish it, and that doesn't stay like that for long.

Ive never played maple story but from you guys have said it sounds good, going to check it out after i finish this! anyway, runescape is a pretty good game! well as good as a no download, in browser java game is going to get. Its pretty quick, runs on virtually any computer and heaps of things to do.its f2p (free to play) features are vast and you could spend ages going through the quests (minigames). and once your bored with that, pay a few dollars a month and open yourself up to hundreds of other games and things to do! a good choice!

Maple Story has pretty much better everything. Better Graphics (Runescape's looks like some 6-year olds drawings)Better Skills (Tree Cutting, Mining, etc. are idiotic skills)Better Movement (Runescape uses the mouse. ick)Better Quests (Runescape ones are WAY too confusing)Better Tutorial (Runescapes tutorial wasted 30 minutes of your time)Better Damage (Woot. 5 damage at level 30)Better Sounds (Runescape has sound?)Better World (You are way too easily confused with Runescape's world)But...More HackersLess Varietyso... which sounds better? MapleStory has 8 pros over Runescape, and only 2 Vice Versa.

Maple Story has pretty much better everything.
Better Graphics (Runescape's looks like some 6-year olds drawings)
Better Skills (Tree Cutting, Mining, etc. are idiotic skills)
Better Movement (Runescape uses the mouse. ick)
Better Quests (Runescape ones are WAY too confusing)
Better Tutorial (Runescapes tutorial wasted 30 minutes of your time)
Better Damage (Woot. 5 damage at level 30)
Better Sounds (Runescape has sound?)
Better World (You are way too easily confused with Runescape's world)

But...

More Hackers
Less Variety

so... which sounds better? MapleStory has 8 pros over Runescape, and only 2 Vice Versa.

Graphics - Improving all the time.
Skills - Yeah, they are crap. Look at melee, mage, fishing, construction.
Movement - True, but for the world it is, it's enough.
Quests - Theres about 115 quests, and no need to do them.
Tutorial - So?
Damage - A level 30 can hit 5 in RS too.
Sounds - Duh.
World - Yeah, it's huge, how is that a bad thing? You need to do quests to get to about a fifth of it.

There's noobs and hackers, easily ignored. Weekly updates.

I would probably go with MapleStory, but in my experience they both get pretty darn boring pretty darn quick.Most MMO's end up with faaaarrrrr!!!!! too much repititon with little mix up.Not sure on how RuneScape has progressed over the last year and a half or so though.However, there both worth a play, but I doubt you'll get that hooked or play time out of them, but surprisingly enough, alot of people do.....

In my opinion, both of these games are a big waste of valuable time, especially runescape, and i just cannot believe i wasted my time on memerbship and leveling to 53, but i m glad i quit it December 2003.But i would go with MapleStory, mainly for the reasons OmegasGiev just stated, and also because Runescape is an utter ******** game.

Graphics - Improving all the time.Skills - Yeah, they are crap. Look at melee, mage, fishing, construction.
Movement - True, but for the world it is, it's enough.
Quests - Theres about 115 quests, and no need to do them.
Tutorial - So?
Damage - A level 30 can hit 5 in RS too.
Sounds - Duh.
World - Yeah, it's huge, how is that a bad thing? You need to do quests to get to about a fifth of it.

There's noobs and hackers, easily ignored. Weekly updates.

umm "a level 30 can hit 5 in RS too"?
whats with the "too"...a lvl 30 in maple can hit 500-1k damage.

umm "a level 30 can hit 5 in RS too"?whats with the "too"...a lvl 30 in maple can hit 500-1k damage.

Well, the max hp is 99, so yes, fair comparison(!).

A level 30 probably has a hp of around 25-28, what hp does a level 30 in MS have?

I have never played maple story. Runescape however is quit possibly the worst game. It is addicting there is no dening that, and when I say it is the worst game ever I don't mean the actual program I mean that it simply ruins people's lifes. I have heard story after story on multiple forums about how people have lost all contact with the outside world, lost there real friends and even (no joking) died. This 40 year old guy died from playing runescape. His heart gave out after not eating, sleeping, nothing except playing the computer for 3 days strait. Now this is still very unlikely to happen to you as 1 million+ people play it (not dayly but they have regestered at least). I would have to say stay away from it or any other MMORPG game in that case, unless you are willing to either become addicted or constantly taking breakes (as in 1 hour a day tops playing).Hope this helps you know a little more about the general affect of the game,Sparkx

Don't touch runescape, as simple as that. If it were a choice between those two definately maple story.If you have the cash though you'd be MUCH better off with guild wars or even better world of warcraft, if you play runescape it feels like the whole world and game is run by 5 year old kids that have nothing better to do than to scam and be annoying, see if you pay for these games it cuts out all the 5 year old noobs so you don't need to worry about it.Conclusion is maplestory or a paid for MMORPG-HellFire