xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
austiniskoge

My Band's Website just got it up.

TheAnimalConspiracy

Need to get a URL shortener and stuff...

Also need to complete the pages with all the info and pictures and stuff... but not bad for an HTML beginner, eh? Frames and everything.

Please post feedback.

It's nice enough concept wise, not my style though so I can't say I love it. I'd reccomend getting a clearer version of the tommygun image on the left frame (unless its intended to be fuzzy). It's kind of hard to review a site in that stage of developement since really all you have is the frames with the link buttons... once you fill in some more content to see layouts within the sections and stuff it would be easier to give comments/criticisms.

Yeah, I know the tommy gun is really fuzzy (stupid JPEG compression) but I imagine I'll replace or resize so that it looks okay.Basically for now, I just wanted to make sure that people can load it on their browser and the code is good.Thanks, I'll update it ASAP.

Looks nice! I also signed up with Xisto to get my band a website, and we even have a domain, but no site yet. :( What kind of music do you guys play? And what do you do in the band?

Anyways, about the site. It's quite great for an HTML beginner. Nothing too fancy! Plain and simple. :( I just have to point out that the closing tag for your <noscript> tag is missing the slash ('/'). BTW, I really think you should try out Drupal. It's a content management system (CMS), which means that even your co-members who are not quite as internet-savvy as you will be able to pretty easily add content/news/shows/songs to the site. Besides, it comes with some pretty kick-*bottom* themes, and you can download many more, which will leave you to just handle the content, instead of messing around with HTML. If you need help setting it up for your band just contact me through PM, Messenger or email (seec77@zahav.net.il).

And to everyone: sorry for always evangelizing Drupal, I just like it so much. ;)

Is drupal free? And is there a learning curve? I don't want to spend any time learning new things... I'm just like that :( If it's free, and as convenient and helpful as you say it is, I'll try it out.

Drupal is free, you can install it right from int the cpanel with just a few clicks.The learning curve can be anywhere from non-existent to mediocre. If you simply want to get a site up and running using one of the many free templates you can get around the internet with very little or no modifications you could have a fully Drupalized site going in minutes, if you want to modify your layout to work with drupal it would take some reading to find out which code chunks you need to stick where and what they all do, but it's still not too intense.One you set up a cms updating is insanely easy though which is the main draw. Just click "add content", choose a type (say a static page or a news story or whatnot) and type it up, hit submit, and there it is on the appropriate page.Takes a little setting up but if your site is mainly to keep people updated about your band it'd be a cool way to go. Then again I always suggest people do their best to elarn alot about html first...just because.

Sounds like a good idea- I'll check it out.But also take another look and see what I've done now.I was previously just writing code, but I succumbed to Microsoft's subliminal messages and opened FrontPage. It's really done a great deal for me, because I can tell it looks ten times better.Also, please try out the downloads. I want to make sure they work on other systems and OSes (and I also want to spread my music :( ). If you have any problems with pages or links, just tell me.