xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HeLLRaiSer

Pc Vs Consoles

guys lets discuss this issue ... PC or Console?Heyy Guyzz .. the pc will be ahead of the consoles in about a year...dnt Worry the consoles xbox 360 & ps3 will be out dated n over thrown by the pc. the pc is far superb to the consoles and with the new ati x1900 series is already at 775mhz but this has xfire tec which means u can have 1500mhz 3 times the power of the xbox & ps3 and with the amd duel core fx 60 + Intel tech 3.5 Ghz Hyper threadin processors its already ahead of both + th pc does far more than jusy gaming... hehehe..Consoles perform only one task really well.... where PCs can be used for an extremely wide range of things... Some console manufacturers may try to make them a little more flexible, but its unlikely they will ever support near the selection of applications that is available for PCs...One of the biggest advantages the PC has over consoles right now is that there are a lot more games available for the PC than there are for consoles, particularly when it comes to multiplayer online games. Not only are the vast majority of MMOGs designed for the PC, but PC gamers also have the option to play MUDs, Email games, browser games, and a wide variety of titles available as free downloads.Another ANTH adanvatange.. computer monitors look a lot better than TVs... Even with a top-notch television, console hardware is not currently designed to run games at PC resolutions.The Bottom Line..Although consoles are already the best option for some gamers, particularly those looking for something easier and more affordable than the PC, I think it will be a while yet before the PC has any serious rivals when it comes to multiplayer online gaming. The next generation of consoles may offer more inter-connectivity, more cross-platform games, and may even have VGA monitor ports, but until then they have little chance of providing the variety or caliber of game experience currently available to PC users.

Well, as I see it, the fact that consoles cost less than PCs is highly irrelevant, because I'm guessing that over 90% of the console users also have normal computer right in the same room. Not to mention that some of the 3rd generation consoles are going to warrant new television sets from addictive gamers. Me, not being a gamer at all, can't see any value to the console above the PC. Maybe it's got a better selection of games (I hated playing GTA on the computer, but loved it on the PS2), but you can buy a computer, and if you're not a die-hard gamer, still receive the same amount on entertainment.

Really, how would you gamers persuade me, a really not addictive gamer (although I wouldn't mind a nice RPG from time to time), to buy a console?

Well I totally Agree with you.another problems with consoles are.. you cant upgrade. so while those graphics r astoudin now.. three years from now (when the ps3 xbox 360 whatever.. is still in its original form) PC technology will catch up. then surpass a little bit, then before you know it.. the next console will try take tyhe lead again. if you want to play a PC game..u will need to upgrade it.... A real pain i knw but in the end... looks incredible...So beta PC Gaming is always going to be be more flexible n in my view better! PC Gaming RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IF U HAVE A GAMING DEVICE(PS2,3,XBOX ETC) YOU ARE NECESSARILY HAVING A PC AT HOME(CUZ ITS THE NEED OF THE HOUR)...BUT IF U HAVE A PC AT HOME ...ITS NOT CONFIRM THAT U HAVE A CONSOLE ALSO.i know why some ppl like console gamingPCs ALREADY HAVE BETTER SOUND AND GRAPHICS THAN ANY GAME CONSOLE OUT THERE.THE ONLY REASON GAMES CONSOLES HAVE MORE FANS IS CUZ THEY ARE CHEAPER.TaLK TO ANY DIE HARD HARDCORE GAMER, AND THEY'LL TELL U WHTS BETTER :(

Edited by HeLLRaiSer (see edit history)

I like both. Console is an experience in itself. I personally find lots of games "easier" and "better" ( in my opinion ) on the PC. Halo's alright, but on PC it's better to aim. More accurate with a mouse. On some games like quake 3 I don't see how I could play that on console. I shoot 40-60% accuracy with a mouse and keyboard. I don't see that happening with analog.I like console, but if I had to choose, I would to choose PC. You can always upgrade, and it's just better IMO. Just so many options available with a PC. I guess if you're a die hard gamer you'd have both. Both are very expensive, but for all-around purposes obviously it's the PC. I can't see paying over $200 for a console though. I'm always a generation of consoles behind. When they reach $159 or $129 that's when I usually hop on the bandwagon. By then the games on the new generation make the one's I'm playing look bad. The only flaw with PC is I can't keep up-to-date on my video card. Too much money yet again. Gaming is expensive =/.

Yeah pc ftw!!.. What's the point of having a console when they get outdated, have basically the same gaming capacity as pc's they aren't upgradable and can only play games. A pc you can do whatever you want also you have way more control especially in fps games (ever tried playing a fps on the xbox, whoa) plus if your pc is strugling with the newest games simply go out buy a new video card put it in and your set. Some games even suffer fps lag on the xbox/playstation which imo is bad.-HellFire

Let's compare (XBOX 360 vs. a really really uber PC; sorry, I don't have all the specs or knowledge of PS3 yet):

XBOX 360

IBM PowerPC 970-based 3 CPUs running 3.2 GHz each via SMP w/ VMX128

500 MHz ATI Xenos GPU with 10MB cache builtin

512 MB GDDR3 RAM

Main Memory: 22.4 GB/s

EDRAM (Cache): 256 GB/s

FSB: 21.6GB/s

HDTV Support

Maximum Resolution: 1920x1080

PC circa 2006*

AMD Athlon X2 or Intel Duo Cores clocked at 3.5 GHz maximum

ATI Radeon X1900 / NVIDIA GeForce 7950

2 GB DDR 2

No Cache Available

FSB: 12.8 GB/s Max.

Main Memory: 6.4 GB/s Max.

*These are the specifications for the best of the best machines. Usually it costs around $3000-$3500 (CAD)

Note: Anything that is bolded are specifications that surpass one another or it is a type of machine.

As these specifications show at least comparable to a XBOX 360, there is no way for a computer within 2006-2007 can surpass a XBOX 360. Please note that the XBOX 360 uses the PowerPC architecture, which is much faster than a x86 based architecture computer. PowerPC was designed for power and speed. x86 is a CISC design, which means that it still runs on an outdated architectural base and doesn't provide much power. PowerPC is based on a RISC based design and it can process things much faster and more efficiently. This is why the console companies all used the PowerPC architecture to build their processor on. In easier words to digest: It take less GHz power to process as much information as a x86 processor would take. Furthermore, by 2007, all XBOX 360 systems will be using a 65nm-pin system. This design will lower manufacture costs, makes the system cooler (temp. wise) and makes the processor to take up less space.

The ATI GPU on the 360 has a bigger advantage over PCs because it has the 10MB cache that is DEDICATED to the processor making transactions much faster than the RAM on your GPUs on PCs. Therefore, the 3D animations are rendered faster.

I like consoles better because I don't need to install the programs into my hard-drive, I just need to pop in the disc, and voila! My favourite game is playable! Also, usually consoles are much more advanced than PCs. However, the drawback is that people switch consoles around every 4 years because there's better technology. It's just like electing a US president.

Furthermore, I like holding a console controller to play my FPS games because I don't really like using the mouse and keyboard to do so, it feels... unnatural and it isn't comfortable.

xboxrulz

Edited by xboxrulz (see edit history)

Personally, I think it's less about the specs and more about the feel. If you prefer the feel of a console controller, that's what you ought to stick with- likewise, if keyboards and joysticks tickle your fancy, keep it real on the PC.It's also about the games, because FPS gamers know where their favorite games are, and even if the hardware isn't your thing, you've always got your game.Plus, if you don't like one because of the controls or interface, there are plenty of controllers for PCs and keyboard/joystick setups for consoles.

...IF U HAVE A GAMING DEVICE(PS2,3,XBOX ETC) YOU ARE NECESSARILY HAVING A PC AT HOME(CUZ ITS THE NEED OF THE HOUR)...BUT IF U HAVE A PC AT HOME ...ITS NOT CONFIRM THAT U HAVE A CONSOLE ALSO.
i know why some ppl like console gaming
PCs ALREADY HAVE BETTER SOUND AND GRAPHICS THAN ANY GAME CONSOLE OUT THERE.
THE ONLY REASON GAMES CONSOLES HAVE MORE FANS IS CUZ THEY ARE CHEAPER.
TaLK TO ANY DIE HARD HARDCORE GAMER, AND THEY'LL TELL U WHTS BETTER
:(

It's not necessary for someone to own a console and have a computer. I know a few people who also converted their console to be like a computer and a console.

Furthermore, one of PS3's goal is to supplant PCs at home.

Also, I had PCs first before I had any consoles.

Also, all 7th generation systems have a better sound system than any computers. It has a Dolby Digital builin and more than 256 audio channels compared to most computers would be 64 channels.

xboxrulz
Edited by xboxrulz (see edit history)

Pc Vs Consoles

On my opinion consoles will always be number 1 for me. even though computers are more well known and more used.

I currently own a xbox 360 and right now thats mainly what i do is stay home and play it ( :unsure: ). to me consoles will always be up on top. but to come to think of it, when i play pc games, they arent as fun as when you play a game on a console, i tend to get more bored of a video game on pc rather then i do on a console.