xisto Community
lilqb3

Corbis: Stock Photography Site

Another one of the world's top image providers is Corbis, a stock, editorial, & portrait agency which is actually owned by Microsoft. They provide an extensive collection of stock, editorial, portrait, royalty-free, and rights-managed images. You can actually register for a personal account with them which allows you to view "unwatermarked" images. If you like what you see and you have an account you have the option to order photos and I was told they even provide direct downloading.Check it out..

corbis.com/

Be careful, royalty-free does not mean "totally available without paying anything".for instance, the "coffee machine" image referenced "42-15413440" il royalty-free, and if you want to have it you will have to pay US$ 80 for the 424px x 640 px (640 k), and $345 for the 2546x3840 pix image !So, you don't pay the royalty, you only pay a kind of participation to storage and network fees. Of course, $80 is nothing for a real commercial use, but for people like me it's rather expensive, I will try another way (no image or photographying my dog or my bird).

I have been working on v2.0 of my site and i needed stock photography of skateboarders. After an hour of googling i found this website http://www.freeimages.com/ , i love it, everything is FREE, all you have to do is ask the owner for permission! This is by far the best stock photo exchnage site i have ever been to. I have not had any problems with them YET

I have been working on v2.0 of my site and i needed stock photography of skateboarders. After an hour of googling i found this website http://www.freeimages.com/ , i love it, everything is FREE, all you have to do is ask the owner for permission! This is by far the best stock photo exchnage site i have ever been to. I have not had any problems with them YET

This site is simply wonderful. Wonderful. I use it for quite a long time.
I just hope it gets as big as Corbis someday... It's very unlikely being it free, but...

yea, I tried it too a few weeks ago. the fotos are pretty good + u can see them in larger size, but not in original size :P too bad, isn't it? Another good site is fotolia.com, I have an account there too and the pictures are good, the problem is that there aren't so many options for searching pics by keyword, category, etc.... like on corbis I also recommend Photostockplus.com : same as fotolia, not too many options for searching, but still they are very exigent with the fotos they are selling :P

One of my fav's is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ put there images there when they are done with them, so other designers can use them for other projects.We used to use gettyimages a lot until a few years ago when they completely changed their format.Personally I find Corbis a bit pricy.