xisto Community
luizzeross

How To Let Google See My Website Can someone explain me this?

Hello there to everyone! Man, I'm stuck with this problem: I don't know how to get google to search my website. Isn't it done by editing those "<META>" tags? Can you post examples you used in your sites? Anyway, thanks for the help!

It doesn't really have anything to do with META tags. Google sends little robots all the time to search the web. There is no way to speed that process up. Just wait.

Well, but it has already about 2 mounths since I have registered the key words in my domain service. I'm using this free domain service!

It can take from 2 months to 1 year for google to index your pages. But you can speed that up if you get some visitors, and link-exchanges with RELEVANT pages. Also google's AdSense help alot to be crawled by google and indexed. But before all, you must have pure & good content on your web. If you just have few blank pages, you will face loong waiting.

Didn't know that. Maybe then, the main problem is that I only have a few pages, just for testing purposes. Anyway: "Also google's AdSense help alot to be crawled by google and indexed"What is this??? I new to these thing so I don't know it yet.

"Also google's AdSense help alot to be crawled by google and indexed"
What is this??? I new to these thing so I don't know it yet.

I suppose he meant that when you sign up for AdSense to display advertisements for your site on Google, Google will index you faster.
There's another way to get indexed by Google. Google Sitemaps makes it easier for Google to index your site, and I presume that it'll also make you appear on the search engine faster. However, if your pages are just for your own testing purposes and not for others, why would you need them to appear on Google?

I thought it was all about the <META> tags. I guess you learn something new everyday. So then what are the <META> tags actually used for?

META tags lets Google (and other search engines) know what your site is about. If they match what people are searching for, your site would be placed higher. Also, I think that sites with META tags have a higher PageRank than sites without them, so that places your site even higher on the list.

However, if your pages are just for your own testing purposes and not for others, why would you need them to appear on Google?

Man!! Thanks a lot! You sure helped me out! Well, the reason is because I'm trying to learn how to "let google see my website" :( , aside all the other junkies I'm doing there.

Can i view my own blog with adds that counts page impressions? How To Let Google See My Website

I really am confused, it's because my blog http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ has adbrite adds and whenever I preview my blog after editing, the page impression gets counted! Why? am'nt I suppose to preview my blog. Does the same applies with google adsense?please help me anyone

-reply by nICK