xisto Community
kgd2006

Logitech's 100 Dollar Mouse ! Are you willing to spend 100 dollars on a mouse?

I just read a article at a game site and it seems like logitech has released a new mouse that is wireless and features 2000dpi for extra smooth tracking. Its a super gaming mouse, but is it necessary? As of now I am using a Razor Chamelon gaming mouse. I prefer wired mouse for some odd reason, well maybe its because I hate the hassle of wireless mouses battery changes every now and then, plus its not like my mouse is going to be that far from my computer. Well here is the article for you guys to read, Im surprised they would charge 100 dollars for a little mouse.

Logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse PreviewWith a 2000dpi resolution, 500Hz report rate, and swappable batteries, the Logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse might be the best wireless gaming mouse yet.

It seems like it was just yesterday when people were complaining about the high cost of wireless laser mice, but cutting-edge mouse technology doesn't come cheap. Logitech has raised the bar even higher with the first $100 mouse. With a 2000dpi resolution, 500Hz report rate, and swappable batteries, the Logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse might be the best wireless gaming mouse yet.

The Logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse looks more blue-grey in real life.

Logitech's previous flagship laser mouse, the Logitech MX1000, is still a fine pointing device, but the 800dpi mouse is starting to show its age, compared to the faster, higher-resolution mice available today. The new G7 mouse features a 2000dpi resolution for extra-smooth tracking, and you can shift sensitivity on the fly with two buttons located beneath the scrollwheel. Like the corded Logitech G5 mouse, the G7 moves across the mousing surface extremely well, thanks to new, extra-large polytertrafluoroethylene (DuPont calls it Teflon) feet and an outrigger foot for extra stability.

The G7 retains the built-in battery life indicator, but Logitech has improved power management by packaging the mouse with two rechargeable battery packs. That way, you'll always have a fully charged battery ready when your mouse starts running low on juice. It only takes a couple of seconds to flip the mouse over, press a small button to eject the battery, and slide the replacement in its place.

The Logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse will be available in September with an MSRP of $99.99.

By James Yu, GameSpot

Edited by szupie (see edit history)

Again one of your posts with copy-pasted text :(Anyway to comment that: I think $100 is a bit too much to spend on mouse, unless you are crazy graphic designer and wants super precize mouse to work with. As I work in graphic design industry, mouse is one of the most common tools you use daily and even hourly. So you expect to have mouse of good quality and responsive. The quality of mouse is specially seen when you do precise stuff, like cutting the part of picture from it's own background, working in Photoshop, or in video industry if you are doing Rotoscopy and such stuff.. Anway - yes - mouse is important, but hell no, $100 is too much. To prove this here is my point: I've bought keyboard, mouse and speakers in pack together for $22, before 1 year. Keyboard serves me very well, as I type from it now. Mouse is excellent, and works very well and precise. Speakers are somewhere in junk/trash.Not always expencive stuff is only that pays off.

The last mouse I bought was a brand new one (not second-hand) and costed me one euro (about one dollar)!It will probably not last a lot time, but I could finish one hundred of such mouses for $100 !

I actually own a Razer Copperhead 2000 dpi laser mouse with onboard memory that costs around 80 USD. It was a treat for finishing bar school and i enjoy it immensely.Considering the time I spend on the comp, it is great having a highly sensitive mouse not just for gaming accuracy but for office work as I can bring the mouse around the screen with the minimum of movement thus reducing the risk of repetitive strain injury.A mouse is the kind of thing that if you buy a good one, you won't have to buy one for years and years. I also have a Razer Diamondback (60 USD) that I have been using for eons on my other computer and I am sure it has paid its price off.The price is a lot I have to admit and although I enjoy my mouse, I do agree that although it is important to have a good mouse 80-100 USD + is a lot of money and probably spent better elsewhere. I think the Diamondback is a good go in between with a 1600 dpi resolution and is very comfortable and accurate as well.Anyway check out their site at http://www.razerzone.com/. It is a manufacturer worth thinking about instead of right hand oriented Logitech mice...

to me a mouse is a mouse... although i am a graphics designer, i do not thnk that i will ever need a mouse that is that persice and that expensive...so i would just go with a regular optical wireless mouse.... :( the one i have now is just fine and works good for my graphics design.

Well, the question is, have you guys ever tried those high end mice?If you haven't tried it there's little in saying 'I don't need it', once I felt the difference I never went back.

Well, the question is, have you guys ever tried those high end mice?

And the next question is "How precise must your mouse motion be ?The mouse motions I have are for going from tue lower end of my screen (the "go down" button allowing me to click the "add reply" button in the Xisto forum, to the upper right end of the screen (shouting in the shoutbox).
Sometimes I have to choose small areas in my pictures, so I need mouse accuracy, but this happens once a year.
So, most of the time I need a "very low sensitivity mouse", and in my office the optical mouses don't work correctly because of the material my table is made of ! So I have to use standard ball mouses, which are very often full of dust and simply stop working!

Well I used to be a pro gamer but now that is gone since I have finished my degree and ended up working. Guess that makes me a little biased. Once I have used these mice, I will never ever go back as it's not just psychological reasons that make me love these mice, it's the fact that I can bring these mice around with just little twitches of the hand that make them really perfect for long use as I find big movements injure me.

*BLEEP* 100$ for a mouse? well i had spend just 1$ for mosue last year and still using it i can buy 100 mouse in this amount so i am not goign to buy it, and also IF some on is crazy to play games with this mouse he can buy this one as iknow while playing games often mouse make lots problem mine younger bro often put his shole nagred on mouse when he lose in game lolz

No way I'm going to do that. I have a €15 logitech mouse and it just works great, it's a simple mouse, 2 buttons and it just looks & feels like every average mouse (no indents for your fingers).I must say that I don't like those mice that is so-called ergonomic (the indents I stated in the previous line), it just doesn't give me the freedom to grab and use the mice, because there's only one way to hold it good ...

While I personally wouldn't spend that much on a mouse I can imagine why it'd be worth it. I mean, people pay way more for slight increases in performance in everything. Other comp parts, clothes that are a bit more comfortable (or have a brand name) etc, so whats the difference here? I've used some high end mice and they do just feel better all around. Saying you don't need anything more then your $15 mouse is like saying you don't need a $60 or $100 or however expensive pair of shoes because you've always worn $10 nonames and they work fine. Sure they get the job done but you might just be missing out on a whole realm of comfort and design hehe.Again I'm not saying I'd buy this mouse, I'm just a little shocked that people think its this outrageous. Hell I'm sure some of you have bought $500+ video cards just to have them a few months before they drop in price by a few hundred bucks. The tech industry is full of wasted cash :unsure:

I agree Jeigh. Wait a few months and see what happens to the price. My video card is a Geforce 4 ti 4800se. I want to upgrade but really can't afford it, and with PCI-E running the graphics card market now, I'm out of luck because I only have an AGP slot. A $100 mouse is pretty unreasonable from my standpoint, but if I was a progamer I guess I would see it as an investment. I have a $10 Microsoft optical intellimouse that came with my pc. I'm happy with it, but sometimes it sticks a little. Other than that, it suits my needs.The techies are like "Wow, look at that. Expensive means it must be good." Which I would say it would be good, but in a few months they'll be another, then another. The cycle will probably never end. I'm usually a good two years behind in technology. It just costs too much, and I can't afford it to keep up. Actually my PC is about 3 years old, but it was a decent PC when I got it. It'll probably stay with me for a few more years, unless I stumble into some money. I'd really like to get my hands on a new motherboard with a PCI -E slot in it and a new nvidia 7800 or so. Maybe in 5 years lol.

Wow a $100 mouse? is that US dollars?I would never pay that for a mouse shesh..... hell not even a mouse and keyboard and speaker combo!I just use the Microsoft Keyboard/Mouse bundle, works fine for the most part, I suppose someone with money to burn would be interested in this or somewho who feels they need it.

I think 100$ is a bit much, but then again I would almost be a hypocrite by saying that, I have bought a Logitech mouse + keyboard wireless combo the Logitech MX duo its 1000 dpi I think, and I bought it 2 years back I think and it cost me about 90% and it was well worth it to me since I do 3d graphics, gaming and 2d graphics once in awhile. I think that if the prices were to come down to about 50$ I would buy it right off, but if you really need it for work or something then 100$ to be able to do your job well and make what 90-100k$? I think thats a worthy tradeoff.