xisto Community
MS2

A New Online Hacking Web Game hack as much as you can, collect software, buy better hardware and gai

First of all, please do not clasify this as advertising spam, it is a little advertising but i mean it when i say i like to hear your opinions about my game.... and im not too spammy am i :(?

I have recently made and launched Slave Hack.
This is a hack simulation, you are a hacker and own a computer (133mhz, 1 mbit, 1GB hd)
Your goal is to hack as much as you can, collect software, buy better hardware and gain hacking ranks(reputation).

I hope that some interested people around here join SlaveHack and see if they like it... Because ofcourse I hope to see players play and like it.

The website is http://www.slavehack.com/

What do you think about this type of textbased game?

First of all, please do not clasify this as advertising spam, it is a little advertising but i mean it when i say i like to hear your opinions about my game.... and im not too spammy am i :(?

I have recently made and launched Slave Hack.

This is a hack simulation, you are a hacker and own a computer (133mhz, 1 mbit, 1GB hd)

Your goal is to hack as much as you can, collect software, buy better hardware and gain hacking ranks(reputation).

I hope that some interested people around here join SlaveHack and see if they like it... Because ofcourse I hope to see players play and like it.

The website is http://www.slavehack.com/

What do you think about this type of textbased game?

I played before the UPLINK, if you know? that really was a blast, and catchy game too. When I started to play it, just can't seem to stop play that, and eventually I get tired of it. It's fun for a few weeks, then you get bored of it... :(

--- EDIT ---

...after few minutes...

I tried your game. pretty catchy ;) I think I'll play it some time now... Good job there!

Edited by finaldesign (see edit history)

Yeaah - UPLINK was one of my old favourites.. though its runs out of variety soon. Nevertheless good excercise. What I didn't like about it though, was the point and click interface - which was kinda silly. There are 2-3 other good hacking games, which employ consoles.. so you actually type stuff out and experiment with shell commands to complete your missions.. Street Hacker was one of them.However, I'm yet to find a hardcore feature packed hacking game that throws a multitude of diverse missions at you and really test your skills... Haven't come across any so far.

Nice job! How many players do you have playing it already?I haven't registered yet as I am already hooked to utopia and don't think I need another text based game lol.But nice site and an interesting concept! Best of luck!

I've already registered and am enjoying quite a bit. Been moving up the ranks :(But the time-delays you have between actions are WAY TOO LONG. I wish you'd reduce them a bit - specially when you're operating stuff on your own computer. It makes NO SENSE whatsoever for actions to take so long on your own computer. The waiting kills most of the fun. You should consider reducing the overall delays in almost everything.

Thank you for the replies so far.roggle:The game officially started 2 days ago and has about 30 members right now, wich is OK for a beginning game. miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG: The delays can be boring indeed..But the pro of this is that you can do other stuff whilist playing (some guys learn their exams while playing SH right now:P ) When you upgrade ur hardware you'll notice a huge boost in playing speed though. (You started with a 133mhz cpu :( ...that can explain a lot )Maybe play for a bit longer and re-evaluate the times? (add a post on the game forum about it if u like)

Edited by MS2 (see edit history)

Wow! I started playing this and I got really hooked to it! This is a lot of fun, and I'm so glad I found this game early on, so that when it gets popular I'll already be at the top of the list. Even though I usually suck at games, and will fall down the list quite quickly. :( Whatever! This game rocks!

So am I .. totally hooked onto it :( Been playing whole day and half the night. You're right - the delays do help you get other stuff done.. And once you explained the bit about not running two counters simultaneously - that helped avoid a lot of confusion. I see seec77 and pawitp have joined up too :( See you around !!

Wow i never had this much positive replies on a forum. I had expected a few people to say 'go away advertiser' or people telling me they didn't like it.Probably this game matches the 'gaming profile' of most of the forum visitors here :(

Just a small mistake I noticed, you better fix that. On the home page you have "Then I'de suggest you to try using Firefox." Must be a slip of the kyeyboard :( Also, when registering, you have "If so, typ 'yes'"

Edited by pyost (see edit history)

Wow i never had this much positive replies on a forum. I had expected a few people to say 'go away advertiser' or people telling me they didn't like it.
Probably this game matches the 'gaming profile' of most of the forum visitors here :(

Well, it's like we had a couple of forums on our board where our members would announce hacking challenges cooked up by them.. They'd come up with small single page sites which you'd have to employe various real-world hacking techniques to reach.. Unfortunately this caused an influx of certain undesirable characters who started messing around with our paid member sites.. and hence we were forced to close the forum down..

I guess it has had a lasting impression on our members ;) Apart from this place being a pretty hardcore technical forum visited mostly by a bunch of geeks :(, I'd attribute all this enthusiasm to their innate hunger for the darker side of computing.

OK thats it, you guys have me too curious about this now haha. I just registered but my net here is being a **** so I'll probably either try it tonight or just play all day tomorrow when I'm back here at work hehe. Sounds like it's going to be a good time though :(

Another mistake.. You really must be careful about these. When you try to crack a password, but there is a firewall, you get "you have not got a firewall bypasser wich is good enough". Besides that, on the homepage, it shouldn't be "whilist", but "whilst", without the second "i" :(

Edited by pyost (see edit history)

I think you should offer some extras for your loyal players :( I'm fed up with being hacked and losing my tools :(