xisto Community
badimage

5-year-old Cuffed, Arrested In Florida

"She's never going back to that school," Akins said. "They set my baby up."

Interesting. I was under the impression that she:

..she threw books and boxes, kicked a teacher in the shins, smashed a candy dish, hit an assistant principal in the stomach and drew on the walls.

Set her up? They took her jellybeans away and she threw a tantram... I think that's a good wake up call putting the cuffs on her. Spoilt little brat.

I've been a full time babysitter for many years now (almost 15. yikes!), and I think I've learned how to deal with kids that are freaking out. You would hope that the teacher's and staff at a school would know how to as well. I think bringing in the police on a 5 year old is nuts and it's going way too far. I would not send my kid to a school that would have to resort to having the police come in over a tantrum. Whatever happened to being sent to the principal's office?

Haha wow someone who isn't even in 1st grade was dangerous enough to be arrested? Are you kidding me? Pick her up with one arm and put her in a corner of a padded room, gotta have them padded rooms in schools the world is nutz...Don't resort to having to call the police that's embarrassing for the school district and the family involved. How's the school reputation on disciplining students now? Right down the drain theirs went. Unbelievable.

Wow I never knew a kindergartner could even do something like that, guess I was wrong. But it was kind of silly for the girl to get made over them taking the jellybeans, not like they're gold or something.

They set my baby up

Come on, who would want to set up a little girl? That's just wrong.

This happened close to me. I do not agree with what the the school did. I think that they should have contacted the school's resource officers instead of calling the city police. Also almost all the school's now aday have certian rules on disceplining their students. I know that this district does not allow almost anything. Tthey are allowed to use self-defense,; but what self-defense are you going to use on a five year old. Really this situation should have been handeled better. But that whole school district is the not the best. It needs a serious overhaul.

you gotta bring back the backhand and the belt. enough of this modern day "i don't want to hit my child because it'll make them a bad person" bullcrap. Backhand them in the supermarket, belt them if they misbehave, make em dig a hole if they complain about work. classic punishments that work.

i don't think they acted pretty well on the matter too... psicology and pedagogy exist for something :)making a tantrum is common to children, if they would be all arrested by that in no time we would have a lot baby-prisions... and baby-convicts. LOL that's a scary thought.geez this day and age people are just geeting completely freaked out :|

The link doesn't work anymore.I think its great that they handcuffed her. They should have taken her to the jail and have her parents pick her up later. She shouldn't have been put in a cell, though, if they wre thingking about it.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Dead topic. Closing.