xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darkwolf11235

Okami must come out soon

This game looks so freakn' awsome just because of the style of the graphics and game play. I've heard very good things about it and I can't wait, hopefully it will be released September 7, 2006 and not pushed back any further. I have been wanting to play this game since it was first anounced at E3 in 2003. The graphics are that of traditional Japanese art. I'm not quite sure if its cell shading or not. I don't think it is but it is being produced by Clover, the same company that made Viewtiful Joe which is an interesting cell shaded game. In Okami the player will play as a wolf and in order to execute certain attacks and abilities the player will have to draw using the two anolog keys on the PS2 controller. Also, the drawing is used for actions such as creating a bridge, cutting down trees, or even making the wind blow. Because the user is drawing the amount they will be able to draw will be limited by the amount of ink they have, from what i've seen it looks like you have bottles of ink at the top or bottom of the screen that empty when drawing and automatically refill. The story is also suposed to be strait from ancient Japanese myth and seems interesting. I believe the actual objective of the game is to restore color (literally) to the land by destroying the evil that stole it. As weird as this sounds it may be a very welcome sight to PS2 games as it is as original as the Jak series, which are also excellent games. If you want to know more about this game i would recommend either a google search or searching for it on gamespy.com. Gamespy.com has several trailers on it if your interested they look great. Hope it comes out on date.