xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

I Cannot Recieve E-mail On My Hosting Account

To describe my problem, I need to give an example.

Let's say my hosting account here has the subdomain http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ , with the username khayman. So now my default e-mail account for this hosting account is khayman@lestan.astahost.com, which is exactly what I see when I log into Horde.

But whenever I try to send myself an e-mail from another free e-mail provider, I don't recieve anything. I try several times with the same result. I even tried e-mailing myself from khayman@lestan.astahost.com to khayman@lestan.astahost.com. Nothing!

The strange thing is that I can easily send e-mails from khayman@lestan.astahost.com to any other e-mail account, with absolutely no problems.

I tried everything I know of, but unfortunately nothing worked. So I hope you guys know a solution for this.

If the only solution was for me to reset my account, I'm willing to do that, even it that requires my terminating my current hosting account and creating a new one with the deduction of 30 of my points. I just want to get this fixed since it's essential to me.

Thank you in advance :(.

Regards,

Mobham

I imagine that you didn't set your username correctly.Your username for your email account should be something like:khayman+lestan.astahost.com - - - - - OR - - - - - -khayman@lestan.astahost.comAnd your server should be something like this:mail.lestan.astahost.comI don't use the Xisto subforum system because I have my own domain name so I don't know for sure what your settings say in cPanel.To get your correct email login username, go to your cPanel > Add / Remove E-mail account(s)The first column is your email address.The second column is the username used to log in to your email.Clicking on the "Outlook" icon all the way to the right will again give you your: email address - At the the top of the page email login username - Just below where it says Manual Settings incoming email server - Just below your email log in username outgoing email server - Just below your incoming email serverI'm sure that once you get these settings worked out that everything will work fine.Hope This Helps! :(vujsa

Well, cyborgxxi, I do have other e-mail accounts as well, some of them are very reliable, but still I really need to work this e-mail account as well :(.

And vujsa, thanks a lot for your lengthy explanation, but I'm afraid you're talking about setting up POP3 e-mail clients to work with my hosting e-mail account. But that's not the problem. All I described above happened while I was using Horde or SquirelMail, the webmail scripts available right through cPanel.

Nevertheless, I'm grateful for your trying. Thank you :(. Hopefully, now that I cleared it up a bit, someone can tell me what the problem might be.

I actually visited the https://support.xisto.com/ page, in order to understand how the termination process work, just in case this is what I need to do. I already have enough points to terminate and re-create a hosting account, and I'm desparate to get things fixed ;).

Regards,

Mobham

Maybe you can try to create another email account to see if that other one is usable. If it is use that one instead (name it webmaster or something). I've been hosted with Xisto before and I don't have any mail problem. I havn't been hosted with Xisto yet but is the address automatically created? I don't remember it does.

Thank you, pawitp, for an excellent tip :(.

Unfortunately, yes, I've tried the method you suggested even before I posted this question. I created another e-mail account, say lk@lestan.astahost.com, and tried on it everything I tried on the default account, with the same result.

I even tried creating an alias/forwarder e-mail and directed it to one of my working e-mail accounts, but again nothing was forwarded.

I want to assure everyone that I tried all those methods more than 3 times, so the likelihood of my having made a mistake or forgot something is rather minimal.

Thank you all for your help :(. I believe I'm going to take the easier, though more drastic, route of terminating the account and requesting a new one.

Unfortunately, when I try to do that, I get redirected to an error page telling me that some of the services may be offline.

Regards,

Mobham

Edited by isMobham (see edit history)

I'm starting to wonder whether I'm the only one having this problem. I shouldn't be, since it seems like a system-wide error.

Here's the message I get whenever I try to send my Xisto e-mail anything from my GMail account:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

---@---.astahost.com

Technical details of permanent failure:

TEMP_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 451 Temporary local problem - please try later

As you can see, this is a clear indication of an Xisto server problem, which is why I'm surprised no other member hasn't mentioned it!

And also, how come the admins aren't looking into this? Is it really that trivial?

And also, how come the admins aren't looking into this? Is it really that trivial?

Well, the forum Admins do not have server root access. You'll need to ask for assistance directly from the sourse.

Sorry that my explaination didn't help. I overlooked that one bit of important information that you posted.

I just tried SquirrelMail on my account and it worked fine so this must be an issue only you or maybe just a few people are experiencing.

Anyway, most issues are resolved with little difficulty here so the hosting Admin doesn't get too involved in the posts for help. Since we all use the same hosting system, we usually can answer most questions without the need to involve the hosting admin.

I'll PM you with the detail for support.

vujsa

Hello vujsa,

I just tried SquirrelMail on my account and it worked fine so this must be an issue only you or maybe just a few people are experiencing.

As glad as I am to hear that not everyone is having this problem, I'm getting more and more frustrated that I'm the only one. My usual luck never ceases to impress me :(.

Anyway, most issues are resolved with little difficulty here so the hosting Admin doesn't get too involved in the posts for help. Since we all use the same hosting system, we usually can answer most questions without the need to involve the hosting admin.

That seems like a very good strategy. And I'm quite sure that many members are quite familiar with the hosting system here and I'd certainly trust their opinions. The only reason I was wondering about admins seeing this was that I thought they had root access. Thanks for clarifying that :(.

I'll PM you with the detail for support.

Again, thanks a lot. I owe you big time ;).

Best regards,
Mobham

---

Ok, this is strange!

I parked one of my domain names here at Xisto, and tried setting up an e-mail account using it. Everything worked just fine. It sends, it receives, it even plays basketball. I tried the default e-mail again, and its problem still persists.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, my problem is solved. I can just the same use the e-mail account I set up with my domain name :(.

Thanks to everyone, especially vujsa, who's been one of the most helpful people I've ever come across. And I'm sorry that I've been such a hard-a** :(.

Best Regards,

Mobham

---
Ok, this is strange!

I parked one of my domain names here at Xisto, and tried setting up an e-mail account using it. Everything worked just fine. It sends, it receives, it even plays basketball. I tried the default e-mail again, and its problem still persists.

I got a similar problem like this also.. I cant receive emails from my default email address but there was no error message.. stange is that it can receive but nothing goes out. on the brigth side, the one i have created just worked fine.

maybe there have to do with domain stuff defaults..

=) cheers for solving your problem..

Perhaps this has to do with the system not delegating the subdomain fully to the nameservers. It is possible that the subdomain of Xisto.com has been set to point to the server in A and CNAME records but that the MX records are having some difficulties. I've experienced this before with my own domains but never with a host where they provided me with a subdomain.It is possible that this problem has to do with how the script creates accounts. I don't know...