xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Free Shopping Cart Software VirtueMart- Your free eCommerce Solution

VirtueMart - Your Free Shopping Cart Software

Couple of days ago I posted a question on VirtueMart user registration, but it remained unanswered. May be my question was not clear enough to understand. However, just before this post, I conducted a forum search on VirtueMart but found only one forum posting and that is my earlier post. So I decided to give it an introduction here although presumably a lot of Xisto forum members are using it or its predecessor PHPShop

VirtueMart works as a plug-in component with Mambo/Joomla ( A CMS and discussed many a time in Xisto forum) and can not operate as stand-alone application.

The Salient Features:

Products can be classified into different categories and sub-categories upto any level depth.

That is classification like stores/books/poetry/Rabindra Nath Tagore/---- upto any level depth is possible unlike the container CMS ( Mambo/Joomla) which allows you to arrange topics like section/category/items only.

It can be configured globally to act both as a Shopping Cart or as a Category listings ( without a shopping cart).

Tax calculation and stock management.

Manages downloadable products like e-Books/Softwares as well.

You can create different Shopper Groups and assign users to different groups. Restrict "Display prices" to specific user groups!

Front-end administration is possible. So you do not need to log on to the Back-end to manage stores.

Manage different Currencies, Countries.

VirtueMart uses safe SSL encryption (128-bit) and Shared SSL for payment processing.

Order Management is completely automated.

Downloads and Installations

If you want to give it a FREE try first thing you require to do is to download VirtueMart

Now you require to install VirtueMart as a Mambo/Joomla component and create a new menu item to point to your FREE online Shopping Cart.

For a complete installation guideline please read this article.

In short, it is definitely going to play a major role in providing eCommerce Solutions to the Mambo/Joomla users for its professional looks and feels, easy-to-use Adminstration and a wide range of Add-on features.

Support

So far as my earlier post is concered, I managed to get the answer here!

Yes, that is surely one strong point of using it, VirtueMart has a very active support forum.

Regards,

Sid

installation process

Free Shopping Cart Software

First I try to install virtue mart its not uploading at server because my maximum upload size is 2 mb and it will unable to uploading on server

Then I try to install with remote installer but it gives the error

Unable to decompress data some files are uploading in media directory but function not completed so whats the problem and please help me for installation process

-reply by Muhammad Umar

installation process

Free Shopping Cart Software

First I try to install virtue mart its not uploading at server because my maximum upload size is 2 mb and it will unable to uploading on server

Then I try to install with remote installer but it gives the error

Unable to decompress data some files are uploading in media directory but function not completed so whats the problem and please help me for installation process

-reply by Muhammad Umar

Check the folder permitions of the folder when do you want the system to be installed,if neesary chmod to 777 temporaly to make the installation

Great shopping cartFree Shopping Cart Software

Virtuemart is free, easy to setup and use. It's good for the business of any kind. Switching to virtuemart from other shopping cart is not a problem. There's online service called cart2cart - it automates data migration from your shopping cart to virtuemart. Please check https://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/ for details.

-reply by Lesya

I've got Virtumart installed on one of my sites, but it's a really big program and I just want something basic. I wish there was a stripped down version of it. The site I've got it installed on is for a friend's vacation house that he rents out. So I only have one product, no manufactuers, no vendors, no product pictures, no attributes, etc. And I'd love to be able to add a text box on the shopping cart page where the customer can enter the dates they want to stay. Is that possible??Michelle Z.

I just checked the Shopping-cart-migration.Com site for details. And i found that they offer shopping cart software. Other than that i think there is agora shopping cart software which you can use. Also there are some shopping cart software for wordpress,drupal and joomla.Pick one which you want to use for your CMS.