xisto Community
t4tav

Trap17.com/net

Against or With ?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I cant remeber which one , but with one of those above you have to enter you address , telephone number and other personal details , I am against this , what do you think ?

It really depends on the service. However, since Xisto is part of the Xisto corporation and Xisto's sister site, I would gladly do it. In most cases I would, since I don't visit suspicious web sites :(

I have never tried registering at Xisto. But I have registered myself at tonnes of other websites for free stuff or info. Usually, you can just write whatever that you want. Hehe..... :( Some forms would do a check on whether your address and the telephone number matches, like the international code and area code, so just make sure that it matches. Not that hard to do. The only companies that are really serious about such info are usually companies that deal with finance, money. Some of them would actually call you up to verify the info, so don't mess around with them.

I'd be against it, I don't even like giving out my telephone number or home address to people I meet say at the skate park from time to time.I might not know them well but I know them in person locally, if I wouldn't give it to them why would I give it to some website lol.That's just me though.

Personally, I don't know about the rest of you, I would say no. I highly doubt it is required to give away most if not all of your personal information, just for a website or domain name? Xisto works just fine, and I never would give away things that strangers should not have. After finding this site, I'm starting to wonder why *all* sites don't have a sort of... Pay by Post option. That would improve their buisness, as well as making it easier for people like me, who don't give away personal information to get a site or domain name. Maxfelgar.

Well it is an inconvenient and possibly troublesome feature but yeah I suppose there would be a number of people that would find that option useful.You could hook your'e bank account up to Paypal though couldn't you and transfer to it perhaps? Though you have to give up quite a number of personal details to set that up I suppose.

I have to wonder what a free hosting service would do with that information. It seems unneccessary, and although I tend not to be too protective of my own personal info... phone number?!? :P I probably would put in fake info, if anything.

I have to wonder what a free hosting service would do with that information. It seems unneccessary, and although I tend not to be too protective of my own personal info... phone number?!? :P I probably would put in fake info, if anything.

If you must know, absolutely nothing. It's true. About the only thing that really matters is your email and that's just to contact you or for activation. If you're really unsure, read the privacy policy. :P

[N]F

I would have to say I am for Xisto. I really am enjoying Xisto, and if I were to try another site to use, I probably would like to give Xisto a try. I am doing well with Xisto, and would be interested since it is a partner in Xisto corp. I think that nowadays, sites don't usually last that long if your personal information gets leaked out. People are smart and catch on to whatever goes on on the net, good or bad. If I was not bias as a member and host that I am here at Xisto... I would have to look at how long Xisto and Xisto have been around... and how pleased members and supporters are with the product.I would hang around in Xisto more if I were to play in forums all day... but, since I am limited sometimes, it would be something new to tack on a long list of sites and or projects that I am already involved in. I think that it is a good idea to have Xisto defer to Xisto in how it's style is. Users can be a little more open in Xisto from what I hear!? I am just happy where I am... and like I said earlier, if it comes to wanting more forum time, I would surely check it out.- skedad -

Trap17 dot NET is no longer operation. Instead, OpaQue launched Qupis.com for better free web hosting option which includes bigger space, higher bandwidth, and cpanel. Yes, free web hosting instantly created with cpanel support!A single ad line, which appears at the bottom of every page, is advertising Xisto - Web Hosting and other related members of Xisto. But I'm digressing from this topic...

ummm why did xisto have Xisto.net and Xisto.com?like different hosting sites with the same name but different like domain thingy.