xisto Community
CaptainRon

Need Suggestion On PDAs

Off-hand, try anewpda.com

They have comparison tables for Palm and some PocketPC (Windows Mobile) based PDAs.

Also, have a look at Google and Froogle for indicative $ pricing. You haven't mentioned a location or where you intend to purchase from. Also, mention your needs and perhaps I can suggest something. I am, of course, biased toward Palm devices, let me tell you......... :-)

CircuitCity.com will let you compare the prices of different PDAs. Just to let you know before you begin, when you are picking PDAs, you get what you pay for, kind of like picking laptops. I personally have a Palm TX which costs around $299, and I can tell you that it works great for everything that I need. It has Wifi, BlueTooth, and all the general PDA functionality. The best thing I like about this PDA is the size of the viewable screen.

Aside from the Palm TX, Dell makes pretty decent Axims. They will probably run you a little cheaper than a low grade laptop. But it will have all the functionality of one too. It will run a version of Windows built for PDAs.

Which ever way you decide to go, maybe not Palm or Dell, nowadays you want a PDA that can handle Wifi, BlueTooth, Windows Documents (such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint), has a good battery life. If you have a cell phone, you many also want to look into Palm's Treo line. They are a cell phone and a PDA in one device. So if you carry both of those around with you, you may one to consider putting them both into one handheld.

Be prepared to spend between $300 and $400 for a top of the line PDA. Believe me, you won't regret it one bit because of the capabilities it will have and now long it will keep from being obsolete.

Here are links for you to look at.

http://mynewpalm.com/
http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&cat=prod&k=axim
http://www.tigerdirect.com/?site=cc

Hope that helps.

Aside from the Palm TX, Dell makes pretty decent Axims. They will probably run you a little cheaper than a low grade laptop. But it will have all the functionality of one too. It will run a version of Windows built for PDAs.

I am not sure if this would help you. I have a DELL Axim X51v. It works pretty fine and smooth! I bought it in an offer for just 360 euros (that's just 450 $). Its price now is 450 euros (565 US$). It has a Intel Xscale PXA-270 at 624 Mhz, Bluetooth and 802.11b. There are cheaper models (Axim X51-520 Mhz, for 314 euros (394 US$) and Axim X51-416 Mhz, for 299 euros (375 US$)).

Enjoy your PDA!