xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BitShift

My PostGRE-SQL DBs Just Vanished ? How ? where did it go

Hey I'm not complaining or anything i just want to know what happened to the PostgreSQL databasesi was using one for one of my phpBB2 forums and one day the database just disappeared, it was gone in cpanel and everythingi easily switched my forum over to MySQL but i was just wondering wut happened

VANISHED ??? That's really ODD. Nothing like that should happen. Are you sure it wasn't a temporary thing. Coz a lot of times even MySQL databases are known to vanish .. and then they come back after 15-20 mins or an hours time. This usually happens due to server overload.. when the daemon restarts things usually get back in order. Please check again and let me know. I'll have to inform the server maintainance staff accordingly.

No i think they are really gone lolIN my CPANELLike the words "PostgreSQL" disappeared from the General Account InformationThe button for it is gone, the PHP admin for it is gone, the count on how many im using is gonemy cpanel looks like it basically never had PostgreSQLlike the option to have them isn't there or anythingits not a problem, i was only using 1 postgresql database, and ive already easily configured the program using it to a mysql database and no harm has been done and i dint have any data that i losti dont kno the difference between the 2 and it doesnt matter to me which one i have so im not like worried about getting it back or ne thingit was just weird, and i felt like saying sumtin in case any1 else had the problem and dint speak up