xisto Community
kgd2006

Just Bought An Alienware Desktop! Area-51® 7500

Hello everyone,

I would like you guys to know that I asked a question on here today about reccomendations on a computer and I finnally made a final decision and went out and bought a computer. The deal that Alienware had just made it final. The deal was, if I buy a computer I get FREE SHIPPING and FREE LEXMARK 3-1 PRINTER. All for around 2 grand. Even better was this is a package with a 17" LCD MONITOR. So I went ahead and post the specs of my newly bought computer below.

I would like you guys to post a comment about if I made a good choice in buying a computer for this price. Postive and negative comments are welcomed. :D

Area-51® 7500

Processor: Intel® Pentium® D Processor 930 w/ Dual Core Technology 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB

Operating System (Office software not included): Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 with Service Pack 2

Chassis: Alienware® Full-Tower Case - Saucer Silver

Chassis Upgrades: AlienIceâ„¢ 2.0 Video Cooling

Power Supply: Alienware® 650 Watt ATX 2.0 Power Supply with Active PFC

Motherboard: Alienware® NVidia nForce™4 SLI™ X16 Motherboard

Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 x 512MB

System Drive: High Performance - 160GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ NCQ & 8MB Cache

Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive

Graphics Processor: 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7900 GT - DVI Dual Link Supported

Monitor: 17" 12ms LCD

Sound Card: Integrated High-Performance 7.1 Surround Sound with S/PDIF and Coaxial Digital Outputs

Network Connection: Integrated High Performance Gigabit Ethernet

Keyboard: Alienware® USB Full-Size Keyboard

Mouse: Razer Diamondback Pro Gaming Mouse - Razer Diamondback Mouse

Warranty: 1-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support w/ Onsite Service

AlienRespawn: Alienware® Respawn Recovery Kit

Alienware Exclusive Offers: GameFly - Unlimited Game Rentals for 15 days - FREE TRIAL

Inkjet Printers : Lexmarkâ„¢ X2350 3-in-1 All-In-One Printer

Alienware Extras: AlienInspection - Exclusive Integration and Inspection - $99.99 Value - FREE!

Alienware Extras: Exclusive AlienGUIse Theme Manager

Alienware Extras: AlienWiring - Exclusive Internal Wire Management - $99.99 Value - FREE!

Free Alienware Mousepad: Free Alienware® Mousepad (a $9.00 Value!)

Edited by szupie (see edit history)

Hey... I think the specs look pretty good. Especially the 17" LCD.. I'f you're into graphics dev, or maybe into 2D and 3D stuff, then a nice and large screen would really be great. The deal you've got with the printer coming in would be really handy. Next about - the 7.1 sound output - now that is definately great. If you're a gamer - or if you like watching High Def vids.. you've got it made...!! Do keep putting in a review on your system every now and then.

Mmmm not to burst your bubble but I wish it was a Core Duo instead....Pentium Ds are kinda crappy for games unless overclocked which isn't really a feasible option in a pc.Still it is very nice and makes me jealous! T_TI am still using my 4 year old notebook lol....still can play WoW!going to get a new pc as well but debating whether to assemble my own and overclock it or just go for a dell and save loads of money and hassle

I have a Celeron D that overclocks just fine with it's stock cooler..... it's running 600mhz faster and could be hitting another 600 more with some decent cooling.Nice system, wish I had the money for that :|

Wow those specs are pretty good but i would have gone with a higher gig choice than 3. Although since you did get all of that for 2 grand it is still a good deal. You should definitely get another mouse cause i personally dont like the razorback because it feels weird and looks ugly!