xisto Community
sandeep1405241520

TV Tuner Card Question

hi all,I have one query regarding TV tuner cards.I want to buy a new TV tuner card for my laptop. I am opting for USB card. Is it that the TV tuner cards for laptops don't fit into dektops? and what's the name of the factor which decides the quality of video being captured by the TV tuner card?Waiting for reply.

You CAN get cards for capture that plug into the PC card slot on the laptop, but I would recommend the USB option, as the card versions are extremely bulky, and don't quite fit on the thing. Like sticking a cam intake on a VW bug. It just doesn't look right. Get a card or USB that can capture at least MPEG-2. that's regular DVD quality. and if you're looking at high-end editing, not that you should be, because a laptop isn't built for that, but if you are then get one that can do DV capture. ... maybe I'm wrong and all cards do DV< but can the USB sustain the data transfer rate? Anyways, for DV capturing you'll need roughly a gigabyte per minute of video recorded, and for MPEG-2, you should manage at least 20 minutes per gigabyte.