xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cyborgxxi

My Star Wars Art

I have some couple other friends in my Star Wars 'ring' that play Star Wars pen and paper role playing games with me... actually, our school teacher (US history teacher) does the game master part and we're just the players.We have this own "band of Rebels" that kinda put together this group but it's kinda breaking apart because we don't really want to work for the Rebels anymore. Long story - we just get tired and don't get rewarded much... too much work, like sabotaging Star Destroyers and saving planets from certain destruction.Anyway, Blaster Blade is going to go down the drain... I think... and some other raid group will come up for us :DNow for you non-Star Wars people out there, just discard this post. Haha :P

That was done in photoshop correct? You should make the blade glow and the text color stand out, the backround should be space. That would make a great splash image for a webpage. Keep up the good work

Agreed with warallthem about the blade glowing bit. You could probably make the gun glow as well, as currently the picture is slightly on the dull side. Something standing out from the grayness would be good. I like the blade and gun though, they're nicely done. :unsure: The symbol at the bottom could probably also be made to stand out--its also rather unnoticeable at the moment.

That's an interesting version, Dhanesh. :unsure: Usually pink and blue don't go together, but you seemed to make them mesh together really well. And of course, the blade and gun are nicely emphasized--sticks outta the blue. I also like your new font, especially the one you used to write "Blaster Blade". That particular font seems to suit the situation better. The partially opaque white layer that covers the blue background is nice--now it seems in the making for an enter page splash image. :D

Posted Image

This is something I did in my free time for a star war RPG me and my friends play. It is basically a logo for our group with a couple insignias signifying the rebel alliance.

You did a good job there, but you might want to watch for antialiasing when you are resizing pictures... Do not oversize layers, because they will get that jaggy edges, and when you oversize them that's really ugly later... Try some different rezize methods to get best results, for example, you will not get the sam result with "bicubic" or "nearest neighbor" rezising method. If you use Photoshop you will find under edit -> preferences -> general, under "image interpolation" box... :unsure: