xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Omkar™

Inactivity Applies To What?

I currently have 30.38 hosting credits, yet I have applied for the basic package. That is because I'm currently developing my website & I just want to check out how it works on the server.

I'll be testing out new methods & experimenting in php. So, I have 2 queries :

During this period, there won't be any hits to my website. So, will that be counted in the inactivity limit?

Can I have a page OTHER THAN "index.htm" that comes up when someone enters my URL for the time being, so that it displays an "Under Construction" page, while since my site is on Frontpage, I need to have "index.htm" as my main page.

Please help me out on this - I'm 65% done on my website (that's almost)

-Omkar EKbote

Ok here on Xisto inactivity means how many days you can go without posting on the Forums. 1 credit = 1 day without posting. I would definetly suggest that if you have enough credtis to apply for the main hosting package that you do so since when you are accepted you will lose all but 5 credits, its the way the system here works, and you will need to start posting to get up above the suggested 10 credit limit.As for the question regarding "index.htm" you always have to have and index page, whether your using pure html or pure PHP. The index page is how webbrowsers recognize which page is to be displayed how where to start looking for directions on how to "render" the page for proper viewing by the visitor to your website. So I guess the simple answer to your question is yes, you must have a page named index.html/index.php