xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Microsoft Giving Free Domains! Get Your Still Stock Lasts. Microoft giving free domains Get your still stock lasts.

Have you guys heard of Micro$oft Office Live Beta? If you have'nt, well here is a short intoduction!

Micro$oft is giving free domain registration along with hosting (very pathetic hosting features). You will have to be a citizen of the United States for signing up for these offers. Actually Micro$oft seems to aiming at small business companies, they partner with them and...you know what.

Actually Micro$oft does'nt register the domain names, some other third party company does. Anyway here is the cunning little trick you guys/gals can try out.

1)Sign-up for an account.
2)Get your free domain.
3)Some-how use their hosting package for 60 days.
4)61st day, log-in to your third party domain account control panel, change the name-servers to AstaHosts.

You get to use the domain for the rest of the year (1 year) for FREE!

If you want to stay honest, you can use their hosting features itself (no ads, just a very small button at the bottom-right corner).

Their hosting account feature gives you ASP and ASPX support.
30 MB Disc space.
Unlimited bandwidth (I think so, because I have not read anything about band-width)

Get your free domain with site from Micro$oft's Office Live.

Note: Your domain will take about 24hrs to get registered.

25 GB bandwidth (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/)Not even worth it for me. 1) Who even uses A$P? It's quite a worthless language.2) MS in control of your site.... NO THANKS!3) Free domain... good! Can I purchase it after it is registered or is it a "Property of Microsoft, Corp.' thing?4) I'm happy with Xisto...5) I DO NOT want to partner with MS... (unless they gave me big bucks! :D)6) Is there a #6?[N]F

Purchasing here is for FREE! I mean the 3rd point. The domain is registered in your name by Microsoft. The domain is NOT registered at Microsoft but at Melborne IT

Took a quick look at the Office Live site. It says it will always be free? Microsoft will renew it for us annually without any fees...which sounds very suspicious. Was going to sign up anyway, but then saw credit card being mentioned. They want us to submit it to make sure we are a legitimate entry...NO thanks.