xisto Community
nightfox1405241487

MP3 Player Of Choice? I Need Suggestions!

Hey guys! I'm finally moving away from my old 512 MB secondhand MP3 player and would like to know what you guys suggest.Although I don't like Apple, I'm tempted to jump on the iPod bandwagon with either a Nano or Video. NOT the shuffle... I can see myself "shuffling" around trying to find it (yes, that is supposed to be a pun) :D ... So if you have an iPod video or nano, please tell me what you think!!Thanks![N]F

I haven't owned an MP3 player in such a long time, even though I'm a great music aficionado and it is my prime hobby (my band's site is hosted here). I can give you some tips though, I think, just don't forget to take this with specticism, as I might not be that accurate. The iPod has become a major brandname, and as thus it now costs a major bundle. It is not that reliable either, as I've heard that the unreplaceable battery just dies at some point. If I were you, I would go with Creative. More HD space for less bucks!

Oh my God.. I see you are not informed at all.. Some say iPod is a revolution just for itself, but I don't like it very much. In fact, I don't like HDD MP3 players at all. They don't provide you with the necessary freedom - you need to be very careful. On the other hand, flash MP3 players can be bumped and everything, but they will not stpo working. Anyhow, for more infomation visit http://www.apple.com/ipod/?cid=oas-us-domains-ipod.com

P.S. Sorry for the small off-topic.

I recommend you to NOT jump on the iPod bandwagon (as some people now say that you only want an iPod because you just want to look like everyone else and not because it's good or whatever) but anyways, there are MP3 players better than the iPod, for example, this one I have is great or even better than the iPod in some aspects:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Although, I did switch to the new Motorola Rokr E1 phone w/ iTunes but it was because I didn't want to carry an MP3 player and a phone separate.

xboxrulz

Hey hey! I've seen an IPod Video Color (5G) with 30GB with a friend of mine. I must say the black skin looks awesome. I'm gonna get one as soon as I start working. The controls are really easy to use, picture quality is great, and the sound is just beautiful. Besides, with 30GB you just have to load songs once and that's it.

I must say the black skin looks awesome.

Yes, that's true. The iPods do look go in the beginning. But sooner or later it will get scratched. And since it's black, it will be easy noticable and not so nice anymore :D

I hve the video and love it. I've doing some work down on our farms helping move dirt to level one of the smaller fields. It's a lot of long tedious hours. So I have my video iPod and an older AM/FM cassette walkman in my cab. I can watch episodes of Battlestar Galactica I've downloaded, or listen to the audio mainly, and my itunes library and then when the battery dies, switch to my walkman and listen to talk radio or a cassettes I've recorded from way back when. Also, I just got an attechment where I can record onto my ipod. I create video biographies for folks, so I can have the show me photos and record them talking about it to use as voice over in the movies with surprisingly good quality. I do that on the side to help pay living expenses while going to law school. I also use the microhpone to record class session and then use a program on my PowerBook that does a fair job of converting the recording into physical notes in Microsoft Word that I can then print. This works out great for me because I am one of those people that are either listening to a lecture or taking notes, I can't do both. So this allows me to listen, and I have an excellent memory, and have notes to refrence to remember exactly who said what...etc. Battery life is still the one down side. Now at Law school, I have plug ins at all my desks so I can charge it there during class, but on the tractor...no such luck.I hve the video and love it. I've doing some work down on our farms helping move dirt to level one of the smaller fields. It's a lot of long tedious hours. So I have my video iPod and an older AM/FM cassette walkman in my cab. I can watch episodes of Battlestar Galactica I've downloaded, or listen to the audio mainly, and my itunes library and then when the battery dies, switch to my walkman and listen to talk radio or a cassettes I've recorded from way back when. Also, I just got an attechment where I can record onto my ipod. I create video biographies for folks, so I can have the show me photos and record them talking about it to use as voice over in the movies with surprisingly good quality. I do that on the side to help pay living expenses while going to law school. I also use the microhpone to record class session and then use a program on my PowerBook that does a fair job of converting the recording into physical notes in Microsoft Word that I can then print. This works out great for me because I am one of those people that are either listening to a lecture or taking notes, I can't do both. So this allows me to listen, and I have an excellent memory, and have notes to refrence to remember exactly who said what...etc. Battery life is still the one down side. Now at Law school, I have plug ins at all my desks so I can charge it there during class, but on the tractor...no such luck.

I've used a lot of other players before, a couple from creative and even philips sport's line. It took a lot for me to crossover so-to-speak to the ipod, but what I do like about it ( I have the 30G Video) is that it does what I want it to do without any issues. Music sounds great, picture is beautiful, nice basic menus, but still lot's of options. Add to that I've recently switched to using it as an alarm clock. It's very refreshing to wake up to beautiful music and know that everyone around you isn't going to be screaming at you to shut your alarm off.

Oh my God.. I see you are not informed at all.. Some say iPod is a revolution just for itself, but I don't like it very much. In fact, I don't like HDD MP3 players at all. They don't provide you with the necessary freedom - you need to be very careful. On the other hand, flash MP3 players can be bumped and everything, but they will not stpo working. Anyhow, for more infomation visit http://www.apple.com/ipod/?cid=oas-us-domains-ipod.com

P.S. Sorry for the small off-topic.

One difference between Flash RAM and HDD players is writeability. are you going to keep essentially the same music on it all the time or reload your music a lot? Flash RAM is only good for a certain number of writes while HDDs can be rewritten many times. HDDs are relatively fragile and Flash RAM is robust. Myself, I like to reload the player often, mostly listening to books on tape rather than a collection of songs. I go through Flash based players very quickly. I do not move around much when listening, so an HDD player is fine.

So, think about how you will use the player befor emaking your decision.

unless your library is going to have thousands and thousands of songs (that you will want access to on your mp3 player) I suggest the iPod nano.aesthetically, it's amazing. it's "pencil-thin" - actually thinner - and beautiful. also very lightweight and compact.and you can't go wrong with Apple's great interface for everything they make. So simple and eye-pleasing.You really can't get any better... except for the price. Sure, there's better values by space, but iPod is easy and good-looking.