xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How To Use/Install BBCodes? How to install or use BBCodes on my IPB forum?

Hey guys, I now have a new problem, like always. Here is what it is....I cant use some BBCodes on my IPB v2.1.5 forum. These are the BBCodes that dont seem to work with my forum, any help will be appreciated. I wanted to know how can I use these codes. Will I have to install BBCodes or does my version of IPB does not work?These are the codes that dont work...

Notice from username:
This is a notice!
This is a HighLighted Text!
CONSOLE
shell> telnet 127.0.0.1
I just tried out these codes, I think there are other codes too that dont work.

Hey guys, I now have a new problem, like always. Here is what it is....
I cant use some BBCodes on my IPB v2.1.5 forum. These are the BBCodes that dont seem to work with my forum, any help will be appreciated. I wanted to know how can I use these codes. Will I have to install BBCodes or does my version of IPB does not work?

These are the codes that dont work...

Notice from username:

This is a notice!

This is a HighLighted Text!

CONSOLE

shell> telnet 127.0.0.1

I just tried out these codes, I think there are other codes too that dont work.
The BB Codes that are used on this site are custom BB Codes I think Microscopic Earthling created most of them and might be able to explain these codes more clearly than anyone else. I think in the testing forum there might be some information about how these code were created but I am not sure so you could give that a try.

You can easily make these BBCodes if you know CSS. It is possible to do from the IPB admin panel. As for the notice BBCode, I believe that its code is available for download at AntiLost.org. The highlited text is soooooo easy to make. Just create a CSS class that has a yellow background and then use it for the BBCode. The last one might be the most challengin one, but try, you won't get hurt :D

YOU DOLT :P You searched everywhere except the right place.. :D How about the How To's and Tutorials section ??? For almost every BBCode I created here I made a post and released the code alongwith explanations of how it works.

Just look in this section under How To's: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/94-forum/

You'll find 4 long posts on BBCodes - 3 by me and 1 by vizskywalker all dealing with the BBCodes you posted above. They're quite easy actually.. and hardly need more than 4-5 lines of code in most cases.

Thans a lot guys. You guys seem to help me out in every possible way. I'll look up to the post m^e has linked to.Anyway, I tried and got the HTML code for the third BBCode I posted here.