xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
XIII

Help: Good Studio Printer & Stuffs Required For Importance

I need to know a very good model of printers that suits a studio, in fact a "graphics center", i'm into making a graphics center, so i need to get a good Degital Camera or two, a good printer that could print on photo paper also some other stuffs like sd & memory stick cards, and any other stuff that i have to have in a graphics center, ofcourse except computers as i already have some windows and mac pc's, any help is so welcomed, it's a very new world to me :D

You better decide how much money you will spend on this. Because this can be highly expencive :P

Anyway, for digital photo camera, I would get Olympus E-500 SLR series. They are excellent for studio environments, have pretty good lenses in bulk with them. It also have 8.0 megapixel CCD, which in combination with good lenses can give really extra-good results.
The price of Olympus E-500 with lenses, fully loaded (batteries, batt.charger,) is about $800 - $900.

Then for that studio printer you ask, the model to choose and prices is too wide for writing here... You must specify some requirements, for example, the format of printing, resolution you demand, and such stuff...
Anyway if you would like to go in digital printing bussiness VersaCamm from Roland corp. is pretty good choice, but it's price will probably scare you off :D
So, Im guessing you need an office-like printer for use of only match-print's of your varius designs... For that purpose the best buy choice would be some Color LaserJet model from HP. I would choose HP Color LaserJet 3550 Printer series - this is an awesome printer, it print A4 format paper, from 60 to 230 g/m2 thick papers... Im talking here from my own experience, I own this printer and it's really good choice. It has network support also, with Jet-Link technology, it's pretty easy to install, just by following the instructions from the box. And the price is just something about $600, which is way lower than the camera above :P

Well, good luck with your studio!