xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nightfox1405241487

Canon Printer Drivers

Hello,I found out that Canon has no drivers for my printer, NOR do they plan to develop any!!! Since they obviously have something against Linux users, is there any sort of way to find a driver? Or am I stuck using this printer ONLY on my Windows laptop?I HATE companies like these... If I was a developer, I'd develop my own freaking driver!!! I'll give searching the web a try.... just want to see what you think.Update: did a search... absolutely no luck... forum post to forum post, all say the same thing...[N]F

Edited by nightfox (see edit history)

Hi nightfox, it took a little digging and thought there wasn't a driver for this printer also...but then I bumped into the problem called TurboPrint. It should/will work with the Canon PIXMA iP 1600 series, but the price is a bit steep as I have heard ($40.00) - might cost as much as your printer. You can give the Free Edition a try instead if you want. I think it prints out with the logo for that free version.

This link offers proprietary drivers for your printer http://www.turboprint.info/

It's a free edition, and if you try printing in the highest resolution, you'll end up printing the turboprint logo. I'm sure you don't need too high resolution unless you're doing photo quality.

Some Canon companies do compile different drivers for Linux, I know the Canon Japan does, but I was not able to find anything for your printer, just some older and newer models.

Cheers,

MC