xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mustra

Email Problems cant send mails

hi, ive just hosted and ive tried but i cant fix this, in my computer im running easy php 1.8, i confirgured the settings of apache, i placed the smtp server and email adress and password of the email accoutn provided from my isp, so, in my computer, i can send mails that use the mail function.my problem...i have this script that send an email confirmation for user authentification/registration, the script doesnt has options for configuring smtp server, neither email account or accoutn password, has it seams it rellies on the parameters of apache/php ? because in my computer i can send emails, in your host i cant, i need help, it isnt sending the emails for the user, im not english and this problem is to hard for me to better explain myself, does anyone understands my problem ? please help me as soon has possible.thank you.

i have a script where you put your email adress and he sends you an email, in my computer server, it works, on Xisto it doesnt, i need help plz

What is this script called?

On Xisto, you should have access to the PHP Mail() function along with SMTP. Authentication (I forget which protocol it's needed for) would be your hosting account username and password.

[N]F

but i dont find anywhere in the script where to put user/passthe script assume i creat an account called "support" and then @$my_domanin_nameso i did an account called support@mails.astahost.com but still he doesnt sends the mails !(my site is at mails.astahost.com)

<?php$to = "prosurf@sapo.pt";$subject = "PHP Is Great";$body = "PHP is one of the best scripting languages around";$headers = "From: support@mails.astahost.com\n";mail($to,$subject,$body,$headers);echo "Mail sent to $to";?>this doesnt work, shouldnt it work ? because i do have an email account named support@mails.astahost.com made in Xisto add account option in cpanel.so, where am i suposed to add the username and password for the account and the smtp settings ?

<?php$to = "prosurf@sapo.pt";
$subject = "PHP Is Great";
$body = "PHP is one of the best scripting languages around";
$headers = "From: support@mails.astahost.com\n";
mail($to,$subject,$body,$headers);
echo "Mail sent to $to";

?>

this doesnt work, shouldnt it work ? because i do have an email account
named support@mails.astahost.com made in Xisto add account option in cpanel.

so, where am i suposed to add the username and password for the account and the smtp settings ?

You're using PHP's mail() function so you don't need a user/pass because it is being sent via PHP's mail() function, NOT directly using a SMTP server.

I copied your script to my Xisto account and it worked perfectly fine. The script works.

Be sure that the email isn't getting marked as spam or something at the email "prosurf AT sapo DOT pt". That's where the fault is, not your script.

[N]F

naa, that cant be, its not marked at spam, and even when i try to send it to support@mails.astahost.com it doesnt works, the emails isnt being sent !

this sux has hell !!! im really breaking my skull in here, gonna get some sleep, i sure do hope someone plz help me understand whats wrong !!

edit: actually youre right, its sapo.pt thats blocking it, why ? how do i unblock it ???

another problem, so, now the scripts sends and email for you to confirm that you want to join my site and be a member,

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

the email contains this link, problem is, when i click it, it says, failed to load, connection interrupted, im using firefox. so why did i got this error now ?

damm................why cant nothing ever be easy for me once in my life !!!! ARGHHH ! :D

Edited by mustra (see edit history)

edit: actually youre right, its sapo.pt thats blocking it, why ? how do i unblock it ???

Contact them. That's the best advice I can give you.

another problem, so, now the scripts sends and email for you to confirm that you want to join my site and be a member,

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

the email contains this link, problem is, when i click it, it says, failed to load, connection interrupted, im using firefox. so why did i got this error now ?

damm................why cant nothing ever be easy for me once in my life !!!! ARGHHH ! :D

Calm down! Your problem is this: https://...... you're trying to use a secure connection which there is none available. Just change the script over to http://....... and you'll be fine. See, here's the link without the https://.... : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It works perfectly! :P

Don't think that you're alone. I get frustrated all the time and it ends up being a stupid mistake. I ALWAYS forget a semi-colon or a squiggly bracket SOMEWHERE in a PHP script and then I get all frustrated.

Let me know if you need anything else!

[N]F

I just sent an email to myself from my Xisto server using this

<?phpecho "The email is processing right NOW<br />";$to = "afakeaddy@somewhere.net";$subject = "PHP Is Great";$body = "PHP is one of the best scripting languages around and works just fine it you use the rite email.";$headers = "From: myName@myAstahostDomain.astahost.com\n";mail($to,$subject,$body,$headers);echo "Mail sent to $to";
?>Make sure that you use a valid email that you have set up in your cPanel. The $headers is one of my email accounts. It takes about 10 minutes for Xisto to actually send the mail the address you had was not valid you need to use your Xisto account email in the $headers for it to work.

this is great thanks nightfox! i now have solved manyproblems, i really wasnt seeing that "s" coming, that fixed a lot of things, i still have that wierd problem, why sapo.pt says im trash ? thats really bad because im trying to run an affiliate program at my site, could u guys plz use some email adress other then Xisto.com and try to subscrib it ? ill delete you afterwards.its just that i belong to other affiliate programs and sapo.pt does not blocks them, hmmm, maybe its because im a subdomain of Xisto, maybe if i had a domain it wouldnt block it, right ?edit: can someone email me at mustra@sapo.pt ??please use an account from a domain you have at Xisto plz.erd time i edit: plz......someone :'(

Edited by mustra (see edit history)