xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Citezyne

Free Web-Designing Programs Dreamwever type thing

ok I’m kinda new to the whole web page making thing and iv been teaching myself to use Front page... man it sux iv never used a program that is so bugged and so hard to use in my life its a disgrace, so now I’m on the hunt for a good and free webpage program something that is as cool as dream weaver but is very easy to use and so on is there anything that anyone could offer me

Was just going to mention Dreamweaver. It's one of the best WYSIWYG editors I used. If you have that already, stick with it. Otherwise you might want to give First Page 2006 a try. It's freeware, so download and install it. If you don't like it, just uninstall it.

a free version of dreamweaver :D well that means itll expire in a few days or its illigal free kinda software hehe. Anyway dreamweaver is indeed one of the best wysiwyg editors

You could always try AceHTML Freeware from Visicom. It takes very little time to learn, can be used for basic or professional looking sites, comes with a plethora of java scripts that can enhance your site's look, or clutter it up to hell, and best of all, it's free! From the same site you can download AceFTP, to upload your site to the server once it's done, and VMN Toolbar which you can customise to promote your site!

Rebecca x :D

I've got Dreamweaver (on my computer that needs to be fixed). Got it from a friend. Looks like a great program. Haven't installed it on this computer as it's my roomates. Worked with it a little, and so far it seems like the best one I've worked with. I've tried HTML Kit and it was ok, and PHP Designer 2006 I really liked, but this Dreamweaver looks like it's got a ton of features that I will need to learn how to use (hopefully it will help me out). Unfortunatly, using Dreamweaver and things like this, personally I think it will make me lazy. What I mean by this is, I won't want to code it out myself. But it also helps me learn. When I use a WYSIWYG, if it does some things for me, I can look at the code, study it, and learn from it. I'm just hoping I don't become dependant on it.

N|vu (sponsored by Linspire) is a good and free WYSIWYG web page editor. It provides a rich set of features and seems to create relatively clean code. It is available for the *nix, Windows, and Mac platforms. I only used this software a few times, so I cannot comment on its comprehensive feature set. I tend to hand-code my HTML, for which I use Crimson Editor. First Page is a good alternative for coding as well. I know the 2006 version is out, but I have not tried its new WYSIWYG feature, so I cannot comment on it.As for N|vu, unfortunately, development seems to have stopped at version 1.0, so bugs or new features will not be addressed.

You should go with Dreamweaver 8. Try it out by downloading the free software (30 days only) from adobe.com (adobe owns dreamweaver now). And see if you like it. I know you'll love it because even though it's hard at first but once you get used to it it's one of the easiest WYSIWYG programs. If you want to get the real version, you can go get it illegally but that's risky, I don't know. Also, go try Adobe Photoshop--it's a good layout designer, it's helped me a lot. ADobe has their own webpage maker it's called Adobe GoLive! It's a CSS designer but I haven't tried it. They say it's an easy drag and drop page maker but it sounds too easy but the pages they sampled are pretty cool. Has anyone tried the Adobe GoLive?

I think what you are looking for is probably NETSCAPE...I believe the browser itself give you the ability to design web pages through its interface. Look into it if you can, because that is how I started web design in high school. NETSCAPE web editor helps you design your page but it wont host it for you online, that you will need to find a host like this forum here, or other free hosts.