xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dagoth Nereviar

List Your Favourite Internet Comics List your favourites

I don't keep up with many Web comics, but a couple of my favorites (past and present) are:

http://www.queenofwands.net/ - Arie (the artist) ended the series quite some time ago but is re-running each one in order with commentary.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - I haven't kept track of this one in a few months, but it used to be pretty good. Davan (the main character) is irreverent, antisocial and completely rude at times...in other words, what many of us would love to be (if we aren't already, hehe).

I'll check out a few others on occasion, but not really *grins*

Ahh, webcomics. Pure heaven for me! I use Comic Alert! to keep up with my ever-growing list of net-funnies (:P). It's a really great site for people like me. It has an RSS feed, and a web-based comic digest, and lots of webcomics to choose from (and the list is always growing).

Here is my list of comics from my Comic Alert! account (in no particular order):

Bob and George by David Anez

Calvin & Hobbes by Bill Watterson

Ctrl+Alt+Del by Tim Buckley

Dilbert by Scott Adams

El Goonish Shive by Dan Shive

Penny Arcade by Tycho & Gabe

PvPonline by Scott R. Kurtz

Sexy Losers (NSFW) by Hard

Sore Thumbs by Owen Gieni & Chris Crosby

Ugly Hill by Paul Southworth

User Friendly by J.D. "Illiad" Frazer

VG Cats by Scott Ramsoomair

I think that Calvin & Hobbes can't really be counted as a webcomic, and neither can Dilbert (they are both newspaper syndicated comics, with archives on the net, as opposed to webcomics which are net-centric). I'll have to say that El Goonish Shive is my favorite right now, seeing as how I anticipate every new strip, but unfortunately it is on a regular basis, but not that frequently. For some reason I've also stopped reading Bob and George, but mainly because I forgot where I last left off (:D, I'm so lazy).

P.S.

Now that I think about it, the list is in a particular order, an alphabetical order! :P

Oh, and I forgot to mention Garfield :D I am subscribed to AcraMax, and therefore I receive a new Garfield comic every day. The moment Jim Davis draws the comic, I get it. It is also very funny, one of the funniest short comics (1 or 3 lines, depends). They don't spam you are anything, so I suggest subscribing if you are up for a good laugh :P

Hmm... I had pondered about this topic and even wrote a blog posting on it. Anyway, for those who do not want to open another window for that, here is a gist of the post:

Seraph Inn - The story of this web comic is about a young da'kor (a wolf like race) named Acheron. He encounters an elf and desides to help her in finding another elf by the name Kayndar. The seemingly innocent mission leads to many indepth enocunters, and Acheron makes enemies and friends as he goes on a search.

Talismen - Return of Exile - This is a fantasy adventure series. It has actually two story arcs, 'The Return of the Exile' and 'The Knightmare Kife'. The Return Of Exile starts when Marine Lance Corporal Ollie Steele is executed by terrorists and finds himself suddenly in the Plane of Imaginings. The drawing style can be definetly called the 'American Comic book style'.

The Dreamland Chronicles - It is a great 3d comic that has all the picture that have been rendered from 3d models and has great detail that you rarely see in 3d works.

I think the only two i read regularly are Penny-Arcade and VG Cats. My friend actually got me into them. He read a lot of different ones, but the only other on i can remember would be:

Elf Only Inn

Besides PvPOnline, Penny Arcade I also read Pearls Before Swine http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ has sometimes really brilliant comics that make me laugh out loud!

It isn't really computer based though but good fun nevertheless!

I don't quite get Penny Arcade comics nowadays tho so it's more of a hit or miss thing. I really liked the Chinese one with the hap hap!

wow, I can't believe that nobody has named MegaTokyo!I love that one. I've been following it for a long time. It's quite funny, aside from the over use of l33t and stuff...