xisto Community
Dagoth Nereviar

www.tehgoogle.com - Funny Google Rip-Off Something my friend came across at school

ehhh...I've seen better...can't Google sue for copyright violation or something?they just ripped the logo...

Well, that site isn't special or anything, the only thing which makes me feel good about it, that the webmaster can make the text look like google logo, I once tried it, but never succeeded, but maybe I just didn't try enough..And about the copyright ? so why not sue all the sites which has a google search form on their website ? :(

Yeah, that makes sense.Does anyone know of any lawsuits that Google filed for copyright violation? I know there's hundreds of those Google rip-offs around, but...Yeah, they probably wouldn't do anything unless it was getting some serious hits.

If you search it actually links back to google. Who would actually pay for a domain like this anyways? There's no advertisement. Funny stuff though. I just don't see the purpose, but then again, there's lots of sites out there that has no meaning IMO.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is just basically a rip off of Google. All the links are linked to Google, with the only exception being that the logo says "tehGoogle".Just thought i'd show you :(

Well that is bad,

that site is using google search engine, google look, and every thing like like google,
except the logo.... :(

But i guess that is only for fun, coz those who love google, will never go the this site for fun!! ;)

Well as long as they don't put viruses on that page, and trick people into going to it, I'm sure they won't get in any trouble. :( It's just a strange remake of the Google logo with a bunch of links to the actual Google site, and some link to their personal site, so I don't think they're doing much harm...

I can't access the domain anymore! Maybe they saw this topic and ripped off themselves! :D

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

* Check the address for typing errors such as

ww.example.com instead of

http://www.example.com/

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Something done with the copyright thing I guess, but what was the point anyway? Bugging Google so that their BETA development goes slow? :unsure: (That would be evil!)

I can't access the domain anymore! Maybe they saw this topic and ripped off themselves! :D

Something done with the copyright thing I guess, but what was the point anyway? Bugging Google so that their BETA development goes slow? :unsure: (That would be evil!)

still working on me.. i have visited the site and the most logical reason they do that ripped off is to provide some fun and hope that people will click the new button which goes to their real website..

clever way of using the default index hierarchy..

--

nothing illegal was done though...

nothing illegal was done though...

I'm not sure, but using the Google logo might be illegal :unsure:

Anyhow, the site really isn't special at all. It is obviously there only to attract people to their real web site. The link will get posted on forums like Xisto and then people will click on ACM. Not to mention that the real web site is hardly ever updated and is rather useless.

Just a pathetic attempt.

I'm not sure, but using the Google logo might be illegal :D

i forgot, the google logo.. :unsure:
anyway, i guess that google wont complain about that once since it drives traffic to google anyway..

Like they need anymore traffic :unsure:But no, I don't think Google will sue them. tehGoole really hasn't done anything bad - not to mention that Google is a bunch of good people :D

It really doesn't matter. Like somebody said earlier, they don't get any advertizing, since everything is linked to Google. The only thing it does is make Google more popular. The more people talk about a "Google-ripoff" online, the more people go to check it out. The more people go to check it out, the more people use that search engine. The more people that use this "fake" search engine page, the more people are redirected to Google. Google gets all of these new customers coming to its page. This may help "convert" people from one search engine to Google. All-in-all, Google really shouldn't bother suing them. They aren't doing any hurt; actually, they may be helping.