xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dagoth Nereviar

Altered Beast: Another Side-Scrolling Classic ( Didnt really fit the other topics ;) )

For anyone who saw my Columns topic, this is another classic I played when I found my Genisis. It was a side-scrolling beat-'em-up, where you fought different monsters, such as zombies, blobs, and some sort of jumping goat on legs :D Just wondering if anyone else remembers this game

Yep. I probably still have it too somewhere in a box. It was the game that game with the original Genesis console (Which I still have that as well and it still works 15 years later....wow it's really been that long). It was good game, but my gradmother (used to take it to play at her house) hated the "rise from the grave" part. Good ole Southern Baptists lady bless her heart. But I still remember it.

Altered Beast was an amazing game but I haven't thought about it in years and years. The beasts I remember were (special attacks in parentheses):Wolf ("Fastball special"-like dive attack)Bear (Breath turned adversaries into stone)Dragon (flew; shot lightning; lighting "cloud")I can't help but think I'm forgetting one beast. Help me out!

RAISE FROM YOUR GRAVEThat is just sad I remember that from the beginning of the game and I haven't played that game for about 12 years now. I believe I go to the 5th level but could never finish it.Golden WerewolfTigermanGrizzly BearMan DragonWerewolfOf course the jumping was horrible to :P