xisto Community
albert2008

GreenBrowser - The Tiny No-Install Browser

I have tried this GreenBrowser several days. It is totally free to download , low memory cost and high performance.It supports AD filter,add others search Bar in it , add external toolbar and change skin.All useful functions within this small one.Besides function and performance, The software doesn't need to install .Just copy it and paste.Try it and you will like this small guy.

Wow now that sure looks a wonderful IE based browser. It has all the important features ever needed.

It is an extension of the good old MyIE which was Open Source IE based browser. Now I find something called GreenBrowser search which is the default search engine of the browser. (gb-search.com). That's a nice way to promote your search engine.

And I see a great feature that I needed! I can turn images on or off with one click! That means I can do image less browsing with one click, and restore it incase i need to. This will really help me save my bandwidth.

Now is there a FF extension or setting available that does this??? I will need that too.

I can see why IE fans would like this "light" browser. The actual IE is becoming just as bloated as the rest of Microsoft's products, so finding an alternative with at least a few of the GOOD things in common (i.e. appearance) seems like a good bet for a lot of people.And turning off images with one click sounds really really nice. I'll have to see if there's a Firefox extension that'll do that.

Hi, I just download this browser to test it, and my first opinion is that this IE based browser is really nice, use low memory, start up very fast, comes with the major options offered by other browsers like tabbed windows, skins, external toolbars, plugins, etc.

Two features i like a lot are first, that it is the ¿First? Multilingual Browser -with more than 10 different languages giving the posibility to change all the interface- and second, the great functionallity to turns on/off images with a single click, im not really sure but i think that this feature is not included in other browsers -not in this way-, and definitively it will attrack a lot of users especially those with slow connections.

Best regards,

I can see why IE fans would like this "light" browser. The actual IE is becoming just as bloated as the rest of Microsoft's products, so finding an alternative with at least a few of the GOOD things in common (i.e. appearance) seems like a good bet for a lot of people.

Well firstly, if you havent noticed, IE 7 starts up lightining fast. In around 2 seconds after click its up and running in contrast to FireFox, which takes around 10 secs to load on my comp. Yes ofcourse I have figured out the trick MS uses. It's the same as that of Media Player. "Show the GUI as soon as possible, rest we will keep doing later...". If you notice, although Media Player starts up super fast but shows a "Connecting...." status even for Local files. That's the time it setting up its COM interface to the Media player core component, and initializing the codecs interface. Same is with IE7. But see thats how MS is innovative! in fooling customers and that too legitimately. But anyhow, must admire the MS skills in that :D

As for the good features etc, MS had the vision to leave it to the developers to make cool tools based on the IE component. So most people have the impression that MS didnt have the technology... common Sarah... these tiny features like tabbed browsing, skinning etc are a day's work in all... that too by a single programmer. The major part of any damn browser is the rendering engine. IE was always a potent web browser platform, with its initial mosaic background. Neither is FireFox coded from scratch. It's built on top of the Gecko engine as we all know.

SO Happy A lot of People Like this Software. I just try to run my autosurf programs! I can run 15 autosurf prgrams at the same time and with low cost. I used Firefox,K-Meleon,IE before. K-Meleon is really nice tooIf you want to run some programs togther! But GreenBroswer still my favorite! Go and make my earning!Enjoy it!

Heh, pretty cool. Though the screenshot given on its website kind of scares me with all the buttons and icons that are on the GUI. o_O Too much clutter for my mind to deal with. But I'll make sure I try it later anyways. Thanks for letting us know!Serena

"No install" is not true - not anymore, anyway. It appears to be built on top of the IE WebBrowser control - so it's just IE wrapped in a custom skin. No thanks.-reply by Phil

SO Happy A lot of People Like this Software. I just try to run my autosurf programs! I can run 15 autosurf prgrams at the same time and with low cost. I used Firefox,K-Meleon,IE before. K-Meleon is really nice tooIf you want to run some programs togther! But GreenBroswer still my favorite! Go and make my earning!
Enjoy it!

send me more such software links if you make more of them
i think the software would be nice as told that it saves the bandwidth

I wouldn't know why I'd use this because it misses the most important advantage offered by other browsers like Firefox and Opera: safe browsing.

It also seem to suffer from some serious button cluttering... too much buttons.

I'll stick with Opera which has btw a nice button to turn on or off images instantly ! Don't know what all the fuss is about this function because it's a default Opera feature for many years now :(

And if it's really on top of IE, it will not work on the next systems which will arrive without Internet Explorer, so it will not work...

Seven will definitly come with the IE-core since the OS itself uses this core for other features (like online help). The only difference is that you'll now get the option to download other browsers and set them as default.