xisto Community
manmankyle

Review My Latest Banner

Note: You must put content into your posts. Otherwise, it will be classed as spam. At least give us some design choice detail in your post.

Anyway, if this is a header image for a site, then I truly hope you reconsider. A header, whether it be text and a graphic, text or graphic needs to blend into the site, but still make itself seen. I wouldn't take one look at your header, why? you may ask. Well, the answer is very simple. The purpose of the header is to display heading information. Therefore, on a website, a header is best used as a clean design element with a taste of what your site is about. You've got the second part of this purpose, but not the clean part. Your graphic looks more like a signature graphic than a header (or banner).

The text fades into the graphic too much. The text should stand out, but be subtle with the design at the same time. This is quite a hard technique to muster, but becomes very useful. I suggest using White as the colour, and slowly reduce the alpha transparency until it stands out, but still blends in.

However, if I have this all wrong and it is actually a signature, then please make sure you edit 'banner' for 'signature' and I or another mod will put it into it's rightful place (I would say the trash can, but I am not being personal).

The words "VISIONANIME" looks fine to me. I would take out the Gundam mobile though and leave big-swordie-guy-from-naruto in there (Oh right, Zabuza). Like what twitch had said, you probably won't be using this as a banner. I've always have had problems like these so now i just stick to simple text as a header or just a bar through the top with some fancy font lettering. It's all about the font when you're designing a header, remember that.

From an artistic point of view I must say that the use of color and figures is very nice, it all blends together and plays off each other nicely. Now from a web design point of view the banner wouldn't make it onto any site I work on. The reason for this is as follows. Its just to big and busy. It seems to want to be the center of attention and draws the eye to it rather then saying "hello" and then letting the viewer move onto the rest of the site. As such I must say that it seems like it would fit more to the signature area rather then the banner/header area.I must say that I love it, but if your looking to have it used as a header/banner I would say that the site that this would be placed on would, to me, have to be a very bright and busy site with a lot of "clutter" on it to draw the user away from the banner.

OK, you have two answers, both answers point to a nice artistical fact : what do you want to express ? The drawing is nice, now we have to go to the next step, is the drawing made in order to sustain a message or a written text, then we need to go to the next step and see if the drawing and the text match.Personnally I feel that the loading time is too much, so if you want people to see the drawing, maybe you should consider using a slower resolution in order to improve the downloading time.RegardsYordan

overall its really good but a bit blue for my taste. if your using photoshop try making a new layer put it on top color it one color (red maybe) and lower the opacity. or instead of using just a one colour overlay you can use a gradient. also try putting the layer on difference or overlay. if you are not using photoshop then don't worry about what i jsut said, good job.

I like it. It's really colorfull, as banner may be... And it's really nice blended. However, I would add more bright color, (like white) on that title "Vision Anime..." because it's too blended into background and it's a bit hard to read... Anyway nice banner...

I am not that much sure about the choice of background colours and patterns, the images, and the choice of colour for the text. It seems all a bit too chaotic to me. The focus keeps shifting between the left figure and right, the right being quite definitive and the left being distractively out of focus. The center, where the text is situated, almost missed my attention.I would suggest, you use a milder chaotic patterns and less saturated (more on pastel) types of colours for thye back ground. The right figure is fine, as the eye of that figure leads us to the center. Try to get some other pose of the left-hand side figure, that would shift the focus to center as the right hand figure did with the gaze. These two components would contain the focus on the center text.

hello

i liked the banner, the font was well chosen, complimented the colouring and imagary. the text was easy to read and the smaller font was still bold against the background. as to its size i would only comment that for me to include it as the header for a page it would cause difficulty. its size would displace content in a very important part of the page, ie. the top half and if it was reduced in height it would become difficult to identify the character on the left of the banner. as a piece of graphic design i thought it was brilliant loved the colouring and the balance created by the two characters placed left and right. the transitions in colouring was impressive and i would have been pleased to create the design.

perhapes you would like to comment on one of my headers? :(

Posted Image

bye 4 now