xisto Community
BitShift

How To Run A Proxy On a Web-Server? How to make a proxy on website

Does anyone know how to set up a proxy on a website?I want to set up a proxy on my web space, that i can access from anywhere, well mainly school since most websites are blocked at school.I know there are a bunch of free ones, but i want my own so i can learn how it works and configure it.and i want to be able to set up a global username and/or password to be able to use it

I don't think you can set up a proxy on a website... You'd need to set it up on a server (your computer should do fine). Then the people can use your server to relay information between them and the sites. I don't know how to do this and what programs you'd need. I'm interested in this, too.

Yep - I don't think you can setup a proxy on a website. What will serve you best is to have a shell account which permits you to run background processes/daemons. There you can easily run the Squid Proxy - which is freely downloadable.

On second thoughts - I do remember seeing some PHP based proxy quite sometime back, and I did a quick search and came up with these results.

There are two such proxies in existence which can be run on any PHP-enabled web-server.

phProxy - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

PHP Web Proxy - https://sourceforge.net/projects/php-proxy/

Let me know if they work out for you..

Wow thanks alot earthling.That phpProxy thing was almost the exact kind of thing i was looking for.My school ( like most schools ) blocks tons of websites from being accessed while at school.While this can be a good thing, it is also extremely bad.Such as when i am in my independant study computer science class and i need some help and i try to go to forums and certain sites and stuff lookin for help and its all being blockednow i can go to my website and browse everything through the proxythanks a bunch

HEY guys that the thing i am also looking for. But i had think about it last year but not found any thing then i had leave it as i think that maybe it is not possible and now when saw the topic i just click on it maybe i will get some thing from here and atlast i had

I need a proxy for school like most schools we get new proxy's everyday because school officials find out so I need a new one to unblock my websites like facebook and myspace-hunny

First go to zoomshare.Com to create a free web host and then go to START>NOTEPAD in NOTEPAD put Title ProxyClsNslookupSave as SOMETHING .Bat now click on theis to get a IP address and past it in your URL field BAMMMMMM there you go will work on all computers-Ronnie

Dued thanks the notepad thing works haha I use batch files all the time I didnt know you could make a proxy that is so cool thanks-photoshop

miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG Are you a Bastard ?

How To Run A Proxy On a Web-Server?

MiCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG are you Dumb or something ??

Look man you can install a Proxy site on your site by a Perl Script Not PHP , so your web server should support PERL ! And you can install it easly then ,.

-reply by Master of Warez

Does anyone know any good proxy to get by the schools blocks on the websites? I need any help possible. Thanks-reply by glorygal

how to ...

How To Run A Proxy On a Web-Server?

To feedbacker ..

Where you put your ip adress that comes up when you click on the notepad thing ?!

-reply by doddsy