xisto Community
PigFat

How To Restore A Sql.gz File

Well, if you have phpmyadmin, you can run the sql query through it.. the sql.gz usually is just a file with queries and comments.. I don't know how you exported it, but uncompress it and if the method you used is INSERT blah, then run the query with some kind of language such as PHP.. I think you really can find something on google, it is really easy.. You can have problems if you want to restore a large database, for example 1 GB. :DGood luck!

How do i restore a sql.gz file?

How did you get that sql.gz file ? If you got it through a cpanel "make backup" menu, you restore it with the correspondig "restore backup" menu.
If you obtained it from somebody, this guy should tell you how he created the file and how the file has to be restored. Remember, it's an old Unix rule : when you give somebody a backup file, you must provide the way of restoring (cpio, tar, import, etc...)
Nevertheless, Quatrux is right : get this file on your own computer, untar it, and see what is inside, and if it's simple "insert into mytable" things, just run this file.

hope this help with decompressing the file..not all compressing programs can understand *.GZ filesince this is a *NIX native fileyou can use powerarchiever for this matter since it have support for *NIX files.--nomally, other decompressors will only create a new folder with a tar file inside when you decompress the file and yank that you confirm an overwrite for the TAR file.

Resotring .sql.gz filesHow To Restore A Sql.gz File

The easiest way is to restore directly from the MySQL statement using the gzip program (especially if you're working with a 1GB .Gz file which is HUGE):

gunzip -c /path/backup.Sql.Gz | mysql -h[database host - usually localhost] -u[username] -p[password] [database-name]

-reply by Demonz Media

I have the same problem. I have an sql.Gz file saved in my email which has about 80kb data. But there seems no way of putting it to use. Something about phpMyadmin where they ask me to log in. And it doesn't recognize my login at all. I'm just about ready to throw in the towel with Wordpress.

I've been building html websites for nearly 10 years now. I guess I'll need to get a PHd in PHP! But none of that explains why Wordpress doesn't know me. And I've lost all my data. Beautiful