xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Help: Smf Sources.php File Producing Parse Error unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting )

I have really serious problem with SMF. Its about some stupid message whhich keeps appearing everytime I load the "profile" page in SMF. Here is what it says:

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting ')' in /home/ganesh/public_html/Sources/Profile.php on line 1814"

This is source code for that "Profile.php" file. I am asking this because I relly dont know PHP very well, still learning. So is there an PHP coder for this problem, please help!

Mods or admins please make this a new topic if possible.

Here is the link to that profile.php file, I have copied the source code onto a text file.

profile.php | profile.txt

I suggest you to copy the whole php code on to a text editor (notepad) that shows which line you are reading. As there is about 2000 lines and the error is present at line 1814.

Please post your debugged code, it will be of great help.

Notice from twitch:
I uploaded the Profile.TXT as attatchment so that thost for which the link didn't work, this attatchment should.

Edited by twitch (see edit history)

Well I am unable to see the source, but all I suggest is that around line 1814 (usually this line or before it), a closing bracket has been forgotten which is what the error is suggesting.That's all I can say about this, without seeing the source, the link would not open.Cheers,MC

There was a "$" operator, I removed that and put the ")" operator as the system suggested. Now its showing something which I dont seem to understand. Here is what its saying:Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/ganesh/public_html/Sources/Profile.php on line 1814I guess the mods will have to change the title to T_STRING from T_VARIABLE.Please tell me what is that T_STRING, then I can try to resolve it by myself.

Post your code, the error you are getting just shows up in the line indicated and is usually the line before, I don't need to see a link to the error but the actual code. Post that line as well as two or three lines above it (where the problem really starts).

Ok guys and gals, its done. I managed to debug it all by myself, this how I did it. I first solved one error by putting the "," after the ")". Then it said another similar error at line 1826, solved that too. After all this one more similar error at line 1830, I debugged all of them and now its done, the page reloads properly. All this chaos was caused due to some idiotic mod I tried to install (I dont know which one, though). Thanks guys, all of you really helped me in someway or the other. Good job! :D