xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plucko

'paying' For A Hosting Package

How does that work? I mean I understand that you have to pay with Hosting Credits and all that, but do I have to 'pay' monthly or something or just one-time and does it use my hosting credits automatically or is there a payment option to pay with hosting credits? Thanks for answering this for me. :)

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, are you asking if you have to pay for this host?If so, no, you don't.You see, as you post, the quality of your post determines the ammount of hosting credits you get. Say for instance, you post a long poem you made or something in the creativity section, that would earn you 2-3 credits. 1 credit = 1 day of hosting after you apply.Once you get hosted, the credits start to dwindle down 1 a day, so it makes you become active in the forums to get more hosting credits, which in turn equals the long your host is active. If you have 40 hosting credits, you can leave and come back in 40 days and your host will still be up.So pretty much, keep active on the forums and you'll have a host as long as you need it. Hell, you could go on a non-spam posting spree for a day, accumulate 15 credits, and be gone for 15 days....So summed up all into a sentence, remain active on the forums and you keep your free hosting.

Ah thanks a lot.Well like I said I know you have to 'pay' with hosting credits but I didn't know how it worked.. like.. if I had to click some button saying 'pay for hosting' every month or something lol.. but now i understand. Thanks for your explanation.

This is how it works, Change-In-Hosting-Packages-For-All-Members

You need 10 credits minimum to apply for package 1 and 30 credits minimum for package 2 (the only two options here are 1 & 2) so you apply for hosting and when you create the hosting account your hosting credits are reset to 3. So with 3 hosting credits you post until you have a safe number.

OK, to answer the standard question, "Why is my hosting credits reset to 3", that is because when you are not hosted you can build hosting credits and they will never diminish. so you can take a month and build up 100 - 150 credits and ask for hosting and leave for 3 to 4 months. A hosted user in the same situation looses 1 hosting credit everyday so he has to post to stay ahead of the game. So to keep it fair we reset the hosting credits to 3 when you ask for hosting. The posting prior to hosted is just a way to see if you will stay active and what subjects are interesting you. :)

Nils

Is it correct in saying that I can gain 30 points and apply directly to package 2, or do I start at package one and work towards package 2....and another question, if I apply for package one and my points are reset - will they reset again when I then, in the future, apply for package 2?