xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Need Help In Blending In The Old Asta Logo

Hey guys - remember the Ambience Skin we had for Asta for a good while? That had a real sexy and slick Logo.. That skins isn't supported anymore - while you can still select it using the skin selector at the bottom of the page, the skin hasn't been updated properly and hence it's going to work only for the front forum page. For every other page, it'll produce some fatal error and give out.

Anyway, my point is - can any of your graphics gurus, make that old logo blend into the IPB default skin here - so we can get rid of this cheap-*bottom* logo and replace it with that one??

If you want credits for that - it isn't a problem.. just quote your amount within reasonable limits...

Here's the original logo:

Posted Image

Or you can get to it and the overall earlier page design by selection Ambience skin from the skin selector right at the bottom of the page.

Post back here if you'e interested.

Also.. feel free to shift around the color scheme if you feel that's needed to make it look better with the default skin we've got now..

Regards,

m^e

I think this should suit your needs. I have the PSD file still alive, so I can change the font, font colour etc. I don't want any credits, but won't refuse them either :P

Oh, you shouldn't have deleted yours :P Let's just say I've messed with IPB logos many times, so I knew what to do.

Hey guys! Thought maybe i should give it a try since I've tried doing this once before in phpBB. I saved it in GIF format too since, well i think this is what standard banners in invisionboards are. I also blended in the background colors of the Ambience colors but totally redid the text. Finally, of course, i have to cut out Xisto's prize trademark which needed a little touching up because of the different shade of color when transferring to the new banner. Please give me some comments on this thanks!

Posted Image

EDIT: Oh, and i realized too that i'm unable to switch to the Ambience skin. Just to let you know, but i DO remember that seriously cool skin. I wonder how many people had to switch to the lite version just because of it being so graphics heavy lol.

Edited by techocian (see edit history)

Hey guys! Thought maybe i should give it a try since I've tried doing this once before in phpBB. I saved it in GIF format too since, well i think this is what standard banners in invisionboards are. I also blended in the background colors of the Ambience colors but totally redid the text. Finally, of course, i have to cut out Xisto's prize trademark which needed a little touching up because of the different shade of color when transferring to the new banner. Please give me some comments on this thanks!<snip>

It looks good to me. Can you stretch it out to banner size for those of us who want to run an Xisto banner on our sites? At worst, if you can just extend the gradient smoothly out to the right it would look a lot better than white space there.

It looks good to me. Can you stretch it out to banner size for those of us who want to run an Xisto banner on our sites? At worst, if you can just extend the gradient smoothly out to the right it would look a lot better than white space there.

Hmm...the last time i remember of invisionboards is that if you want to update the banner the easy way, you just replace the GIF file in the directory. M^E might need to do some extra editing of the main index.php file, which I'm sure must be cake to him. I will stretch it out banner sized nonetheless.

EDIT: M^E, could you provide me with the length of the entire banner up top? It is impossible for me to guess because the banner isn't one entire thing, but separate chunks of the same image repeated over and over again.
Edited by techocian (see edit history)

I never do the cut outs because it just makes it look pretty bad ... doing cut outs is hard.. Anyhow, here's my try.

Hmm...the last time i remember of invisionboards is that if you want to update the banner the easy way, you just replace the GIF file in the directory. M^E might need to do some extra editing of the main index.php file, which I'm sure must be cake to him. I will stretch it out banner sized nonetheless.

EDIT: M^E, could you provide me with the length of the entire banner up top? It is impossible for me to guess because the banner isn't one entire thing, but separate chunks of the same image repeated over and over again.

Ahaa I see techocian's submission has been accepted - OpaQue dropped by sometime and updated the logo. So no more entries please - unless you think you can come up with some cooler one :P We could always take a look and consider.. As for myself - I'd say this rounded edged font looks way cooler that any straight-angled fonts (pardon me - coz I've pretty naive when it comes to graphics design terminology).

As for the length of the banner - there isn't any fixed length. See the board changes width depending on your screen resolution, i.e. it uses a variable-width styling sheet. That's why there's no single graphics (except the logo) in the header frame. What it does instead is use a very thin slice of that gradient graphic and then use the background-repeat tag of CSS to repeat the same all along the length (whatever the length might be)..

techocian: PM me with whatever credits you deem good for the logo.. :D

Cool logo, although if I were you, I would make sure that I used JPG, so that there wouldn't be any colour loss.I didn't realise this topic was here or I would have had a go.Whatever you think of it, just let me know. I'm a big boy, I can take criticism.GIF Version (colour loss) JPG Version (no colour loss) P.S. I copied Moonwitch's logo and re-jigged it a bit and she also helped me get rid of a little design accent.

Thanks for your great comments everyone. It seems Twitch has come up with something really competitive. I'll have to wait and see. :D About the reward thing, I'll leave my credits as it is. I feel great just by doing Xisto a favor, and a small favor at that.