xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
de exile

Hamachi - Your Next Best Friend A basic introduction to hamachi

Hamachi is probably one of the best tools in the world. So, being the best tool in the world, i thought i'd share it with you guys

Introduction:

What is hamachi? Hamachi is a versitile tool, that "organize two or more computers with an Internet connection into their own virtual network for direct secure communication". What this means is basicly you can set up and LAN connection between you and anybody else in the world as long as you both have hamachi. Have a firewall or modem? No problem, Hamachi compensates!

Quote from the Hamachi website:

"Think - LAN over the Internet.

Think - Zero-configuration VPN.

Think - Secure peer-to-peer.

Access computers remotely. Use Windows File Sharing. Play LAN games. Run private Web or FTP servers. Communicate directly. Stay connected. "

Why use hamachi?

Hamachi is free and safe, it takes no technicle knowledge at all to use and is very versitile. It has a clean interface so even the first time go'ers can easily set up and VPN.

Like i said from getting started: hamachi requires no technicle knowledge of computers, it compensates for firewall and modem so no comfiguration is needed.

Another major advantage about hamachi is that you can connect to multiple "LAN servers" with only one account. Each LAN server can also consist of many people.

What can i use Hamachi for?

When thinking of how to use hamachi, just think what you could do if you had a LAN connection to the other persons computer.

Some uses include:

-Using VNC

-Playing LAN games

-Sharing Files

The possibilities are endless...

Basic Interface

Posted Image

Because of Hamachi's clean interface, not much explaining is needed for the button's functions, but here are just a few basics.

Further Info

The very first time you open Hamachi, there will be a very short, but very in depth tutorial which i highly recommend.

A more technicle explination of Hamachi from Wikipedia

Hamachi's homepage, you can download the program here and find some answers to questions

Help

If you are having trouble using hamachi, feel free to post it here, but before doing so, please check the Support database on hamachi's homepage and search it up on google.

last words

After reading this introduction, i hope you have learned- just like millions of people around the world, the great tool that is hamachi. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me or post here.

Hi,I am having trouble using hamachi, I played 3 months ago perfectly well, empire earth, starcraft, warcraft and now I wanted to play again and I cant see my friend's game. We have the same warcraft version and abled warcraft and hamachi on the firewall, still I cant see my firend's games. The only difference is that I have a router now and I'm afraid it may be the problem. If you know how to solve the problem

Mamachi client problem

Hamachi - Your Next Best Friend

We recently installed Hamachi at a friends location and have yet to get it to work properly. The newly added client shows an arrow pointing down on my display. It also shows "relayed slow". Other locations seem to work OK but this location is still unusable. I can ping this location but the times are are running in the high 150's. Also I can not connect to his desktop using UltraVNC. I get the feeling this is a router -- port forwarding problem. Any ideas on how we can get this thing to work?

Thanks

-reply by Terry

This might helpHamachi - Your Next Best Friend

Try this.

In XP go to control panel, Then Network Connections, Then at the top you should see the menu bar, Click on advanced, Click advanced settings. Then simply move hamachi to the top of that list.

The problem is that ages gives you the IP of the highest priority network device.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Here is how you do it in vista, Cheers.

PS If this doesn't work use Hamachi 1.0.1.1, and be carefull with Linksys WRT54GS Version 6 routers. This router is the reason I couldn't figure out the problem for 2 years. If anyone has any idea why I'd be happy to know. 

-reply by SlyNine

Hamachi - Your Next Best FriendI installed hamachi at my home server and in my office and I used it to browse my website by typing in the ie address bar http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and it work just fine my website appear. But when I reverse it to 5.102.207.139 nothing happen and by sometimes it says I have no access permission but I can access in localhost I wonder why that is happen.-reply by GARY DINEROS

Problem with Hamachi.

When I start up Hamachi, it automatically "Unplugs" my Local Area Connection. Its like 2 computer screen with a cord attached to eachother, and yellow ball moving from one screen to the other. This is what it sais : HamachiSpeed: 100.00 MbpsStatus: Acquiring network adress.And I'm pretty sure it doesnt let me go on because of my IP adress, any help?

Thanks,Matt.

-reply by Eagle

New to Hamachi - please help

Hi,

I want to use this software to give my friend who is outside of the UK access to BBC iPlayer over the internet. We both have logmein Hamachi installed but a step by step guide would be really helpful, I'm looking on google but I cant find anything for what I need to do specifically.

Can you help?

thanks in advance,

Ad

hi I was just wondering if this can be used to connect to a lan game between 2 computers without net? using a utp cable directly connecting to each other.. Because there seem to be a problem and we can't see each others created games, its the same version, firewalls are off, and the ip's are set we can share files but we cant see our created games, I was thinking maybe a program like this might be able to help? please email me your answer ^_^ I typed it in the box

-reply by hello

lan software not working on hamachiHamachi - Your Next Best Friend

hey people,

I m using hamachi to connect my pcs. I have a paid software which is based on dot net and runs though internet explorer. On my pc in which it is installed it runs as local host. When I tried to open it on other pc through hamachi its welcome screen opens. But it does not work further. It says "your software is not registered for this type of network". I could not understand the problem because this software is running through lan and wifi. It problems only through hamachi. I had also tried to open it through ip address and my server pc name but same problem persists.

please help me to sort out this problem.

thanks in advance.

-question by MOON