xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BitShift

What Mouse Do You Use? Just want to see who spends money on gaming mouses

Who actually has a gaming mouse, or a mouse designed with the concept of gaming involved.To start i have a Logitech® MX™518 Gaming-Grade™ Optical MouseIts pretty sweet, costed my dad around $40 since it was my birthday present.It has a button above and below the scroll wheel, that adjust sensitivity.It also has a button a little farther up that acts as the *alt-tab* combination in windows, to switch between applications.It also has a forward and back buttons on side for browsers and other stuff that can use it.From a gaming standpoint though it supports up to 1600-dpi ( i run it on 800-dpi because 1600 is too much for me ).It also has some sort of boosted data rate for the USB and graphics rate. In all its pretty sweet.So what kind of mouse do you guys play with?

I just use a normal optical mouse with two buttons and a scroll wheel. I can't live without a scroll wheel. Or laser movement detection. Or my second mouse button. So I guess I'm just accustomed to what I have right now and I've considered it them as basic, must-have features.But I'm curious about your mouse. How can you use both buttons at the top and bottom of your scroll wheel? My fingers have to curl up a lot to reach the lower button, which puts it very far from the top button. And even if my finger's resting on it normal position on the wheel, it can't reach the top button without having to re-adjust my entire hand.I can understand that all the extra button gives many advantages to gaming (especially the Alt+Tab button), but can a person use all of them at the same time?

The only PC games I play that require any mouse input are basic games that work just fine without any special device. Pretty Good Solitaire, Scrabble, TextTwist, etc. - games like that, basically. Other types of games almost *require* you to be able to adjust sensitivity, ALT+Tab, etc., but hey - these are just card games *grins*So I use my Targus Pocket Mouse. It's a tiny thing designed for laptop users. It has a retractable cord and the mouse body itself is about 1/3 the size of a regular optical mouse. But it performs well - and has a scroll wheel, which is always nice *grins*

I personally use a simple X-Point optical mouse, with three buttons and two scroll wheels, one goes to left right the other up and down.. I find it very handy and the third button is very useful too. I never played a game requiring more buttons, I am not even a gamer :P but my friend is and I saw his mouse, even though I did not like the design and the feel touching it and moving through the desktop (maybe I need to get used to it) but it had extra buttons, when I asked him why did he need them, he said to play games, that it is very handy. :PPersonally, I wouldn't want such a mouse, because I might push buttons by accident, I don't think that they would do something by default too, or maybe.. :) What I have is enough for me. ;)

Let me tell you which mouse I use, dont start laughing or quote which mouse I use.I use the all famous "Samsung Scroll Mouse" which has a ball right underneath it. Obiviosly has a scroll button and is surronded by two buttons. Model No. #SMP2100WX.Seriously others would say that this guy (me) is using an ancient technology (ball mouse instead of an optical). The point here is I have been using it for the past 6 years and it has'nt given the sightest of problems. It gets irritating only when you need to clean the rollers and the ball, other wise its a perfect mouse. I dont game so I dont need any mouse that responds nearly close to real time, my mouse responds at a time gap of 0.00023 seconds. That is less, but more when compared to an optical mouse which responds before 0.000001 seconds.I am really happy with my mouse! :P

If you want to talk Ancient, I still use the Amiga mouse on my Amiga 1200 board when I turn it on (rarely for the past half year) and it is 14 years old and has only two buttons, left and right mouse buttons - yea it works great, even though I need to clean it quite often and I did some of my repairs inside it that the button would press softer :P but in fact it is my second mouse, because I have an adaptor for it and a similar mouse to my PC one, just that its Au-Tech or however you spell that and its a ball mouse, non optical. :D

Who actually has a gaming mouse, or a mouse designed with the concept of gaming involved.
To start i have a LogitechÂŽ MXâ˘518 Gaming-Grade⢠Optical Mouse

Its pretty sweet, costed my dad around $40 since it was my birthday present.
It has a button above and below the scroll wheel, that adjust sensitivity.

It also has a button a little farther up that acts as the *alt-tab* combination in windows, to switch between applications.

It also has a forward and back buttons on side for browsers and other stuff that can use it.

From a gaming standpoint though it supports up to 1600-dpi ( i run it on 800-dpi because 1600 is too much for me ).

It also has some sort of boosted data rate for the USB and graphics rate. In all its pretty sweet.

So what kind of mouse do you guys play with?

Currently I am using the Logitech G5 Laser Mouse. I know it is a gaming grade mouse, but I really use it for programming and desktop applications. :P

I'm working a lot of hours in front of the computer and I buyed this because my previous mouse ( a 50$ microsoft optical mouse ) died after several months of use. In fact the left button do not click anymore. Microsoft said it was not mouse construction defect, the problem was I used the mouse a lot and it get old in only few months. What an answer, no ? :D

Returning about the logitech G5 mouse, this is a pretty beast. The optical part is now laser and by the way you can't see any red light at the bottom. It seems to be a infrared laser or something like this, because I can't see the laser beam at all. But surely it is there because the mouse works and performs very very good and smooth. I have the corded version because I prefer corded mouses in the fact they are lighter than wireless as they do not need to carry the battery. As a curiousity, the mouse case construction is the same (wired or wireless) and in the wired version a plastic box that fits in the battery place is included. Also some weighted pieces are suppied to put in this box and adjust the mouse weight to your personal feelings.

I'm currently enjoying a logitech mx510. Not their top mouse anymore but it's pretty good, handles all my needs well. It's got the requisite two main buttons, scroll wheel, and button under scroll wheel. It's also got two side buttons, two buttons that default to scrolling without having to actually use to wheel, and one of those alt-tab buttons. I think my alt-tab button is dead due to a cola accident but everything else works great and gives me more then enough buttons when I feel like customizing up an FPS. It's a pretty cheap mouse now so it's worth a look if you're goetting a new one.

I play with a Genius optical, 3buttons + scroll. Very nice, and the thing I like the best in it is the transparent case, which is absolutely awsome in dark! Anyway, I still intend to buy a Microsoft comfort optical 3k. But now I'm not playing so much...

For the last 3 (or maybe more) years I have been using one of the most simple mice Logitech has. After checking their web site, I have found that it is a Logitech® Mini Optical Mouse. It is really comfortable, even though it doesn't look so special. I have never had problems with it, always worked perfectly for me. Unfortunately, it is not very good for games, if you are a hard core gamer, because sometimes it tends to shake the cursos. I guess that's the only flaw I am aware of.

Posted Image

Compact, comfortable, versatile and affordable. At 30 per cent smaller than regular-sized mice, the Mini Mouse Optical is perfect for smaller hands and mobile professionals who need portability - but don't want to compromise on comfort. And thanks to its extension cable, you'll also use it once back at your desk

* This easy-to-set-up wheel mouse fits either hand, plugs easily into PCs or Macs and is simple to programme to your own requirements

* Optical technology means better tracking on many surfaces - without cleaning

* Three buttons and a scroll wheel give you complete control

Source: http://www.logitech.com/en-ca

I just use a normal optical mouse with two buttons and a scroll wheel. I can't live without a scroll wheel. Or laser movement detection. Or my second mouse button. So I guess I'm just accustomed to what I have right now and I've considered it them as basic, must-have features.

But I'm curious about your mouse. How can you use both buttons at the top and bottom of your scroll wheel? My fingers have to curl up a lot to reach the lower button, which puts it very far from the top button. And even if my finger's resting on it normal position on the wheel, it can't reach the top button without having to re-adjust my entire hand.

I can understand that all the extra button gives many advantages to gaming (especially the Alt+Tab button), but can a person use all of them at the same time?

Gaming mouses are made with a unique kind of shape

its like an "ergonomic" mouse you could say, designed to fit your palm much better then ordinary mouses

and these buttons are very small, here is a link Logitech® MXâ¢518 Gaming-Grade⢠Optical Mouse

I wouldn't mind having a gaming mouse and a gaming mouse pad, but I use a Microsoft optical mouse with a scroll wheel. Just a standard mouse that came with my pc. It serves its purpose, and I have no complaints. I think it retails for about $15 or somewhere there about. You can find it pretty cheap on pricewatch.

Yea I love having a form fitted mouse. I mean, generic shaped ones are fine, but the ones that are ergonomic so your hand almost wraps around them more then sits on them makes it more comfortable for long sessions. I know my mouse here at work makes my hand sore eventually... I should bring my mouse from home with me to work everyday haha.

Gaming mouses are made with a unique kind of shape

its like an "ergonomic" mouse you could say, designed to fit your palm much better then ordinary mouses

and these buttons are very small, here is a link Logitech® MXâ¢518 Gaming-Grade⢠Optical Mouse

in fact I think endurance is the strongest point for gaming mouses. Resolution also is higher than normal so movement is smoother. Mine (logitech G5) also have two buttons in it's top for increase/decrease the mouse resolution (dpi).

I use a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Two normal buttons, a clickable scroll bar, and two buttons on the side for back/forward. Optical, of course. :P

I actually could probably change the side-buttons do different things, but I've never bothered. I used to have a mouse with two scrollbars, one for horizontal scrolling, and one for vertical scrolling, and even though it took a long time to get used to, it proved really nice. Too bad it got screwed.

Anyways, this mouse is really good for me. Can't say anything bad about it, except maybe that I have to scratch off the huge amounts of dust that the rubber (?) pads at the bottom of the mouse collect while I use the mouse, but that's not too bad either as it's kind of addicting.

I hardly game (except for playing a bit of Maple Story here and then), so I really can't demand anything else from the basic features my mouse has ATM. I do remember owning a Logitech mouse at one point and setting one of its side buttons to do something (really can't remember what), to help me win at a Neopets flash game. :P God, that site is so nostalgic. I remember fist-fighting with my friend because he gave my pet for adoption because I pissed him off. Whatever! :D