xisto Community
ewwink

Pandela.Com: New Free Webhost With Lots of Features

Lol.. ok.. Nice interface, but errrm.. the features offered are nothing to cry out loud about.. extremely basic, specially when compared to what you get here. The worst part is the SINGLE MySQL database with only 2MB storage quota. Urggh.. Horrible. That's enough alone to put me off. If you install any decent board/blog software - half of that space is already blown.. what will you store in the REST?? Something like 10-15 posts??

OOOOOH DENIED! M^E LINES EM UP!!!.....AND KNOCKS EM DOWN!sorry, couldn't resist.But yea, if you want a place where you literally get it for free (meaning you don't even have to post) I guess it's good. Can't say I'd ever ditch this place for it tho :PLove the names of their packages tho haha 100mb POWER BALANCE!!! 150mb SPACE PLUS!! 4GB MEGA TRAFFIC ZOMGZ!Nah it looks decent, just seems the same as so many others... which usually leads to a few days of niceness followed by headaches.

Ok, it must be having some cool features. But surely not better than Xisto though. I just check it and went up to the sign-up page just see a notice telling sign-ups are disabled. Wow! That looks like reliable is'nt it :P . I cant imagine hosts that even disable signup, now I can Imagine how your website will be there, they really suck at reliability. ;)

Ok, from what I'm seeing, here are the plans:100 MB Disk space, 3 gigs bandwidth150 MB Disk space, 2 gigs bandwidth50 MB Disk space, 4 GIGS????What the heck?! The bandwidth doesn't line up!! The only *reasonable* package that might be good for BASIC hosting is the 100 MB disk space one... Why the heck would you want 50 MEGS of disk space for 4 GIGS bandwidth???? you couldn't possibly fit that many bandwidth sucking files on that kind of web space... even if your site DID become popular (but with that hosting company, kind of doubt it).They need to recalculate their plans for sure. Nothing equals... That's like Xisto giving 1 gig of disk space and 50 MB of bandwidth or 1 gig disk space and 50 gigs of bandwidth (wasted resources *cough*)[N]F

What the heck?! The bandwidth doesn't line up!! The only *reasonable* package that might be good for BASIC hosting is the 100 MB disk space one... Why the heck would you want 50 MEGS of disk space for 4 GIGS bandwidth???? you couldn't possibly fit that many bandwidth sucking files on that kind of web space... [N]F

They did that to give them an advantage. People who don't really have an idea on how much bandwidth one requires (like me) might sign up for the one with the most bandwidth. The host knows we won't use up all the bandwidth, so the third plan actually gives the customers the least.

I would go for the middle option (100Mb/3Gig).

Anyway, Xisto.net is a much better deal. Yeah, it has forced ads, but what you get for it is a heck of a lot better, and more stable than this pandela.com.

1. Sub-Domain or Domain Hosting (yourdomain) 2. 333 MB Space
3. 3333 MB Bandwidth
4. 1 MYSQL Database
5. PHP (view PHP info.)
6. Perl
7. PhpMyAdmin
8. FTP Access
9. 99.9% Uptime
10. File Manager
11. Install any PHP software, No limitations.
12. Easy Upgrades!

At first, Pandela looked really good. Now, our friend Joe here lined those problems up for us and knocked 'em down good, just like someone else said before. Hmm...But hey, is Xisto a free web hosting service? I mean, if it beats Pandela, and it's better than Xisto, hmmm... sure, I'll try! I mean, why not? 333 megabytes and 3.3 gigabytes of bandwidth? That's awesome... but.. the downside is... only ONE (1) MySQL database?That's fine. I only need a forum. No no no wait... I also need a Joomla! Content Management Software... :PThat makes it two.. so I guess I'll stay with Xisto ;)By the way, Xisto beats Pandela. Easily.

Lol.. ok.. Nice interface, but errrm.. the features offered are nothing to cry out loud about.. extremely basic, specially when compared to what you get here.
The worst part is the SINGLE MySQL database with only 2MB storage quota. Urggh.. Horrible. That's enough alone to put me off. If you install any decent board/blog software - half of that space is already blown.. what will you store in the REST?? Something like 10-15 posts??

I totally and 100% agree with everything miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG has just said in the above quote. Before when I had a free account with 100webspace.com I had to suffer low bandwidth storage, low storage in the servers but most badly of all ... only one mySQL database. With that one mySQL database, all I could have on my site was an Invision Power Board forum and since I had no more mySQL databases left, I had to make do with just that. No separate gallery, no separate download system, no separate media system and I could go on forever. This is one of the reasons that I joined Xisto.com. Very efficient and generous with all the major website neccessities and best of all the unlimited mySQL databases (well I have 99 but that is still amazing!) Once again I thank you Xisto for your services! ;)

At first, Pandela looked really good. Now, our friend Joe here lined those problems up for us and knocked 'em down good, just like someone else said before. Hmm...

This is true for most free web hosting sites out there. They make their site have a really cool interface to knock us off our feet and then when we actually read there plans (which are most of the time really complicated to even find!), we find out that they actually suck and are no way as good as there website makes them out to be. This is what I hate about trying to find free web hosting sites and why I like Xisto so much; nice and simple, yet highly effective and attracting interface! Thanks once again! :P

oppss........sorry ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

LOL .. bet he will never post another link for a free host again .. m happy with asta tho .. but its also nice to see what other sites provides .. Makes u a little proud to be with asta aint it :P
Regards
Dhanesh.

I dont use Xisto for hosting my site, I use

4host.net/ for hosting my site which is actually made up of only a Invision Power Board forum. They dont offer anything great as such, they offer all the things that Xisto offers except for the webspace, they give only 50MB. Good part is that they dont put-up ads on your site, and they dont even ask you to post on forums. And yes they are nearly 100% uptime. I use Xisto only for its nice comunity and the forum which helps me get a lot of knowledge in computers. :P