xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How Do I Play X-Fire/CS?

hey, I have seen a couple of members have their signature as Xfire. I downloaded it, now how do I get the game to play. I am interested in CS. How do I get it? Do I need to have it already? If not please help to get me a copy of CS. I dont think CS is a free game.

Yes you need to purchase CS. Either through steam or at your local shop.Cs will only run if you have steam installed and running. Same with all the steam gamesCs comes with hl1 and cs:cz if you buy online, i think it's $15 so it's a good deal.Once you have it on your system you can use it with xfire-HellFire

Ok, now that I have to buy CounterStrike, I have a few more questions about it.What are the system requirements and will it work a system like mine, here is my system configration.2GB RAM32MB Graphics CardPentium 4, 1.7GhzAnd 250GB Hard disc.And one more thing is that what is the internet connection seed required to play a multi-player game as a single player game gets boring too quickly.

If you mean counter-strike original, which is the price quoted by hellfire, then your system would be acceptable. I used to play it on a 5000mhz celeron with a 32mb tnt2 ultra and like 128 megs of ram and it ran fine. Your 2 gigs of ram will let you run it no problems.As far as net speed, I played on dialup back in the day but at about CS 1.4ish dialup started being near impossible to use. I would reccomend at least a "dsl lite" type of connection, but if possible just any normal dsl or cable is more then enough.Now, if by CS you are thinking the newer CS- SOurce that came out with Half Life 2. It costs more and takes a system with more horses. I would assume your comp can't handle CS-Source but I could be wrong

Ok, thanks for the info, buy the way I have a really dum 1Mbps connects which I have to keep on re-charging ever month for 5000 bucks, in dollars its about 100. The connection you are talking about dsl is it more or less that 1Mbps, cause I dont give much importance to these things, my dad handles all these stuff.Hey Jeigh, you made a mistake, you added too many zeros (0) there, or is it really 5000Mhz (5.0Ghz)

Yeah...Jeigh meant 500 Mhz...no 5.0 Ghz processors out...yet :PDSL speed...it will depend on what type you get. Here in the states (at least for my Internet Service Provider), they have speeds as low as 768kbps up to 3Mbps.