xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

Guitar Hero...check This One Out

Anyone play Guitar Hero for the PS2. Man that's an addicting game. I used to dabble with the guitar when I was younger, so this game is great. Its like playing the air guitar to well known songs, except you actually can hear yourself playing. I'm only playing on easy mode right now with the first three frets, and it's starting to get a little difficult. I suggest this game to anyone who dreamed of being in the limelight playing with a rock band but just couldn't hack it. It's just alot of fun!

That sounds like a fun game. I play a classical guitar, but I'm not very good at it even though I've been practicing on and off for over a decade. Hehe, maybe this game would help me improve a little. Ah, even if that didn't happen, it would still be fun.Do you use the standard PS2 controller, or is there another input device that you can use?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that part. It's an expensive game. It costs $80US but it comes with the game and a guitar controller. The guitar controller has 5 colored buttons on the fret bar that you use to play the game, along with a place to 'stum' up or down, and a whammy bar. Another thing thats cool, in the game you earn star points by hitting certain notes, and if you earn enough of those and tilt the guitar so its pointing up, the screen turns blue and you earn more points. It's pretty neat that it recognizes that you change the guitar position.

this game is the greatest game ever created its so addicting but yet it stays fun even after you beat the game i have the second controler that you buy seperatly and its fun to play aginst friends i recomend this game for everyone. my favorite song to play on there is Iron Man that one is fun as well as Take Me Out-happy playing

Playing on medium level is great. I tried it on hard and I actually finished a song. But on expert... it's impossible. My favorite song is the one by Incubus. I love playing that. The first time I played that on 'easy' I got around 95% and it's not all that easy to do (at least that's what the other people I played with said, they couldn't finish it). Anyway, still lovin it!

My boyfriend and I have had this game for a while now, and we've improved immensely since we first started. I can now play Cowboys from Hell on Expert, and he can play Bark at the Moon on expert. I can't play his song though and he can't play mine, which is weird! I think Bark at the moon is so much harder, but he can master it and I can't. It's SO much fun to be able to go to Best Buy where they have Guitar Hero 2 out and play the songs on Expert straight off. : ) That I suppose is a result of us spending a lot of time playing the first one. I couldn't believe it, but we were in Best Buy and he beat the song YYZ on Expert on the FIRST try! He's insane. It took me three or maybe four tries to finally beat it on Expert. I would most definitly recommend Guitar Hero or Guitar Hero 2 to anyone I know, because it's a fun game that anyone can enjoy. Also, it lasts forever. Because there are different levels of expertise, the challenges keep coming. Even when you reach expert, it takes a very long time to become proficient at it! Absolutely fantastic game. And for those of you who play guitar, I can only imagine that this game (even though it's played with a silly, plastic, guitar-shaped controller) would improve the dexterity in your fingers. I only wish they would have picked more interesting songs for Guitar Hero 2. I had the chance to play through a few of them and a lot of the songs are either unbelievably long, or just too mellow for a really interesting guitar part or bass line. Oh well, still a fun game!

My review of this game is: ehhh.I actually play guitar, and this game is frustrating because it's not really like playing guitar. I know, it's just a game... but I wish it were more like actual guitar.Is is addicting? A bit. But I got bored of it after 30 minutes at Wal-Mart. Not worth my money.I see the appeal, but I'm not buying in.

There has been a tutorial released on how to convert an actual guitar into a GH controller (even if you aren't technically inclined, it's still worth looking at).

Eagadget link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

You know Yngwie isn't playing messing around with some plastic toy, so it's a good thing Toolmonger has an in-depth guide to turning a real guitar into a proper Guitar Hero controller. The whole project will set you back a staggering 75 hours or so, but that's a small price to pay to do some virtual shredding on a real Strat or Flying V, right?

Official Tutorial site:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

GUITAR HERO IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER!! The only bad thing with the first one was the pulling on and hammering off. But, because of the genious makers of the game, the problem has been fixed, and Miramax had enough money to buy some awesome songs. From Van Halen to The Allman Brothers Band, Guitar Hero II has it all! EVEN FREE BIRD! The career mode is very challenging on expert and I found myself playing one song (Hangar 18) about 40 times a day. The new and improved graphics, the wide variety of guitars/skins... it's all worth the extra money for a videogame. Multiplayer now features 3 different modes of play. Of course they still have versus mode and cooperation mode, but now in cooperation mode there are TWO parts to be played, Lead and Rhythm/Bass depending on song. Also, there is now pro-faceoff, where both guitarists shred out the whole song in a true battle of DON'T MESS UP OR YOU LOSE! I can't put Guitar Hero down. It's a phenominal game with tremendous replay value! BUY IT AND YOU WILL ENJOY!! :)

I've come to the decision that the songs in Guitar hero 2 suck. Really. They suck hard. I wish so much that there was a way to incorporate my own songs into the game, for I'd have SO much more fun with that, than with the crappy selection of songs I'm faced with in Guitar Hero 2. Even Free Bird you say? Blah. I wish they had included a better variety of songs, because it seems that the selection of songs in GH2 really only seems to go with .... 80s metal heads. Well...it's not even that, really. The selection is so horrible, I can't even come up with some good words to describe it. And the guy that sang Heart Shaped Box on GH2? Wow. Sounded a bit like a country singer to me. Still though, the game is great just because of the concept. Of course I feel dorky wearing a plastic guitar and playing along with buttons on a screen. Still though, the game is cool. : ) Buy it or try it out. Find some way to experience it. You'll like it, I'm sure. With a bit of practice, you'll love it - even if the songs aren't incredibly awesome.

I haven't played guitar hero 2 yet, but I am very much looking forward to it. And leafbunk, you say you don't like the song selection? That is one of the major reasons I want to get the 2nd one! I read the review in Game Informer and was extremely inpressed with the great songs they had. But O.K. maybe that kind of music isn't you cup of tea, but I think it awsome!