xisto Community
cherri

Pre-n Wireless Routers Discuss about routers here

Routers  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tell what router you have, company, Is there a firewall in it?I have a pre-N wireless router it can go to my neighbours neighbours neighbours house (it's from belkin), It is working very well, My neighbours cant go on it because its protected, We had some problems with our old router, it became slow....Well I am will to know what you guys have... :P It is 600% faster than G wireless, has 800% more coverage 20% more coverage if you are using G reciever on your computer... It goes to our upstairs bedroom so were on the net all the time

Tell what router you have, company, Is there a firewall in it?
I have a pre-N wireless router it can go to my neighbours neighbours neighbours house (it's from belkin), It is working very well, My neighbours cant go on it because its protected,
We had some problems with our old router, it became slow....
Well I am will to know what you guys have...
:P

It is 600% faster than G wireless, has 800% more coverage 20% more coverage if you are using G reciever on your computer... It goes to our upstairs bedroom so were on the net all the time

As far as my wireless network goes, this is what I am running:

Netgear WGU624 Double A & G router.

Gives me dual 108mbs channels on g and dual 54's on A
I used to use the A channel when i had 2.4ghz phones, and now G since i switched out my home phones to 5.8
I havent had any trouble with this router, my 2 other routers are Netgear ProSafe Routers which allow me to assign vpn clients and licenses for the family when someone is on the road.

Some of the older netgears had massive heat problems, which would cause the slowdown and lockup issues. if you still have those problems, i would suggest searching for netgear lockup hack on google.. couple people have slapped 80mm fans to their routers for a nice $4 fix.

- C