xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
snutz411

Palm TX Review

I got this device a 9/10. Here is the official Palm website for the TX
http://mynewpalm.com/

I really like the big screen and the ability to switch the landscape vertical to horizontal. The Wifi works extremely well when you are near a hotspot. I use it constantly on my university campus. It has a built in web browser and email client (which is extemely easy to set up). It is best to view PDA-enabled websites but it can still view normal websites pretty decent. I don't have any bluetooth enabled devices like a cell phone or laptop, but as soon as I get one I'll test out the bluetooth capabilities. Although from what I can see you can bluetooth to your mobile phone and send out TXT messages via your palm and even dial phone numbers from it. I also downloaded an opensource SSH client to allow me to wirelessly connect to my numerous shell accounts. It literally gives me a lot of power in the palm of my hand since I have a whole slew of command line applications I can run :P. It also has the ability to read and open up Microsoft Office Documents such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.

This device is a bit expensive. Retail is around $299.99 and some deals out on the web will cut it to $269.99. Palm really doesn't offer many discounts or sales. Also any peripherals you want to use with it will also be very expensive. I am debating whether or not I want to get a bluetooth enabled fold up keyboard through Palm.com which costs $149.99. I like to do homework while on campus, but for that I usually just bring my laptop. The only problem about that is I have to carry it around with me all the time. If I had the TX and a Keyboard, I would be set even though I would look extremely lame, haha.

That's my review, I hope it is useful for anyone considering to buy a PDA.