xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
heavensounds

Problem With Temperature.. help kindly requested..

Well...recently I changed my Motherboard (I had Asrock P4V8+ with VIA chips and now I have ASUS P4P800S-X with Intel 848 chips)..I kept the processor Intel Celeron 2,8 and added 200GB to my harddrive, which means that now i have two discs, 1024 MB RAM and three Zalman 8mm ventilators. I am wondering how it is possible that the temperature of processor raised for about 10 deegres celsius after i changed the motherboard, eventhough i used the the "termal gel" when i intalled the processor.. - Before it was 42 deegres C and 47C when it was fully used - Now it is 50 and 55 C when it is fully usedWhat is the optimal working temperature of a processor and which temperature is critical?????Pls..help

There are several possibilities for this... One, you cooler is getting slower (dying), or not getting enough voltage, wich is possible, because you added another HDD to the system. Try removing the HDD, and checking the temperature.Second possibility, though not likely, is that your MB is using a slightly higher CPU core voltage, and thus your CPU generates more heat. Check to see that CPU core voltage is set to auto, or, if it already is, try manualy setting it to the recomended CPU Core voltage. My Celeron (oc 2.6) works on 1.616v, so I think that regular is about 1.500, to 1.525. You can use cpu-z software to see what is your current CPU core voltage is...As for your temp, my Celeron is originaly 2.0G, but I overclocked it to 2.6... Temperatures are, with box cooler, when idle, around 30 degrees, and 55 degrees on full load... Witt two extra 80mm fans, one blowing to the HDD, and one blowing over CPU (though the difference in temperature is only about 2 degrees if I remove it)My bet would be on insufficient power to the fan; I don't know how strong you power supply is, but if you have 350W, try getting more powerfull one, at least 450W...

may be the processor has a higher voltage on your nwe MBO....and maybe you didin't put the thermal paste wright...but anyway you shouldn't worry about the temp of 50 deg....i know a guy that keeps his Celeron on 65...and it works normaly...

However, you don't need to worry about optimal system temperature, anything between 36?C and 65?C is normal for Celeron processors... I recently had an problem with celeron processor, there has been faulty motherboard with broken plastic part that joins with cpu-cooler, so my system rapidly shuts down and I get all kinds of errors... Anyway, intel processors have shutdown switch, so they don't burnout if cooler fails, they just block the system - if your motherboard do not do the same...