xisto Community
neo_is

Age Of Mythology strategy, fun, euphoria

Hello all,Suprised to see that there is no topic for this game over here. I could find on age of empires III but no AOM.I have been an Age of Empires fan since my college days. It was a hobby, it was fun, it was love, it was addiction.We played for 10-12 hours at a strech.. whole nights at times. At that time, there were only Age of Empires - which included - age of kings - rise of rome, age of empires. We created a lot of paladins :P and killed a lot many armies. Then came this one - AOM. Microsoft introduced mythological elements. The best part of the age of mythology is its campaign- where the hero Atlantis goes on a mission to finally discover that the very god taking care of Atalanta i.e. Posiedon is supporting the evil. He goes through all kinds of scenarios, many interesting & fun battles. I fared well with medium difficulty settings. Tough is a challenge. Easy is a piece of cake.About the mythological charactersHaving played AOE for 4 years, I was comfortable with human soldiers. So when the computer got its myth units (whch are costly to produce) and thrashed my human army. I didnt know what to do.Then slowly I got to know that all we need is a good balance of myth units and humans. But out of habit, I kept the percentage of myth units in my arms very low.StrategyThe best strategy so far with me is to have infantry at the fore with a lot of archers at the back. I love the shooting of arrows. while infantry keeps busy the opponent army. archers take no time to clear the area provided that they are properly researchedFavourate unitsPaladins - you guessed it. The love for paladins comes from my AOE daysArchers - I adance them to best levelAmong Myth units, I like nymbion lion. few others but not really fond of themsiegeworks - terbuchet & ram. mostly terbuchet is enough.more laterneo

I'm much of a Age of Empires fan myself, althoug I do like AOM a fair bit too. The games are farely similar and it takes a few games to get used to playing with mythological characters. There's always a dispute about wat the best mix of characters is. What I usually favour is to concentrate on gathering resources - so that means upto a 60 % of my total population at times consists of citizens (in AOM - it's the guys with the donkeys or burros who do all the constuction and gatering work). With this strategy, it's quite important to explore rapidly and to get ahold of enemie's resources. So the way to go with this is to poplate with citizens rapidly and to get through the levels quickly. As soon as resources are located, it's important to dispatch citizens to collect quickly and to construct 2-4 towers with archers so as to take care of and manage opponent's warriors who're sure to come by and attack if you're too close to them or if you're gathering resources from too close to their communities. The next thing to do is concentrate on researc. The better the researc the better the armed units are. This way, as soon as it's necessary to quickly develop an army, the army will already be well researched and the units will be top of the line.

I have AoM and it is one of those games I will play for days at a time, forgert about and then crave months later, repeating the cycle once or twice a year.As a fan of the original AoE I found AoM a change from it and very fun and exciting.I haven't yet played AoE3 and hear it is similair to AoM. In the shop I had a choice between it and Civ4 and I took Civ4.

Age of Mythology and the expansion were some pretty awesome games. I remember playing Age of Mythology for such a long time. I really liekd the campaign mode and just beat it in 1-2 days cause I kept playing it lol. But then it got boring and I went into Age Of Empires 3 which is also cool especially the graphics. But what I dont like in AOE 3 is that my computer is to suck for it lol. Whenever there is a sea battle, the game goes VERY VERY SLOW. ;):P

I feel that Age of Mythology is much better than Age Of Empires. AOM gives the feeling of having that extra power to take the universe in my control. Moreover, AOE used to hang on my Computer. But AOM is running very cool and nicely. I haven't tried AOE 3 as I didn't got any chance to play it. But i guess it must be needing a high end computer with a good graphics card.How about warcraft? Has anybody tried "Frozen Throns". I play it very quite frequently and have downloaded a lot of maps from their website.Regards.

I haven't managed to get my hands on the AOM though I have Age of Empires 1-3. I'm a great fan of the game because of the graphics and the layout. I've seen the game though and the graphics looks fairly similar to AOE 1 and 2. I don't think it has the 3D touch of three. Are there any new features in the game? Or is it just the same as AOE but you can make large frightening creatures instead of cavalry and swordsmen? Is the civilisation selection replaced by a religion selection? Do you get to choose what God you become?

Age of Empires 3 and Age of Mythology are both similar and different in their own ways. Personally, i prefer Age of Empires because it's more realistic in terms of fighting in combat, which creates a good effect. Age of Mythology, in my opinion, is also quite effective, with the god powers and everything, but it is slightly more childish than AOE.Simply put, I prefer Age of Empires over Age of Mythology due to its realisticness and better story. Other people may have different opinions, but this is just mine.