xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tansqrx

How To Make Hotmail Auto Forward Mails?

Does anyone know a way that you can automatically forward an incoming message to another email account in Hotmail? Almost every mail service offeres this but I can't seem to find it in Hotmail.

Hotmail does not offer Auto Forwarding mails to another email account, they only offer the option to move incoming emails in folders by using filters.I think you need GMail :P Best regards,

I at least had to ask. The reason I need such a service is to get away from Hotmail and go somewhere else without losing all the mail. This address is quite old and I have so many contacts that there is no way to let everyone know that I am moving.

If you use Outlook Express as your email, client you can automatically forward your mail to your local computer.Just go to Tools > Accounts and set it up as your would any other email account.You will still need to move your email to a local folder on your machine if you want to save very much of it.

I at least had to ask. The reason I need such a service is to get away from Hotmail and go somewhere else without losing all the mail. This address is quite old and I have so many contacts that there is no way to let everyone know that I am moving.

I love Gmail too , oh , if anyone wants it , ive got 200 invites under my belt so PM me :(

A little off-topic here but my mom uses Comcast as her email service. I've always hated using your ISP email client because when you unsubscribe to them they automatically delete your account. Anyway, she wanted to read the messages in Outook express too, unfortunately, i forgot to check off the "Keep copy of messages on server" thing. So now, all the messages in Comcast webmail is wiped, and copied into Outlook Express. Because it was my fault, i had to do the honors and email back every single email she got. MORAL: That check should be default.

Yep.. go for gmail, sorry but that is pretty much the way it is now.Hotmail doesn't even offer pop3 support for free anymore, plus if you can still use msn messenger if you've got a gmail email address, just hook it up with windows live id (formly known as the .net passport).Also you'd only pretty much use hotmail for basic emailing as it only gives you what? 200mb of space? Gmail on the otherhand increases space every second and is over 2gb so imo gmail is the way to go, it even has a nicer UI and a more friendly design, hardly any banner ads nor any broken images-HellFire

You can still use MSN Messenger indeed, as already mentioned. You won't have the 'new mail' windows, but in case of gmail a little tool from google called gmail notifier is even better. You can also get the firefox extension for the latter :(.What you can do however, and what I did when I moved from hotmail to gmail a couple of years ago, is simply either mail all your contacts you still wish to keep in touch with, and delete your e-mail address. One knows then when they receive the mailer daemon message that it is not your current e-mail anymore.For msn, be sure to export your contact list (menu) and import it later. Too many people that either manually add or ask others to add them :(A.

How to make hotmail auto forward

Replying to tansqrx

If you have upgraded to Windows Live then you can go into the options found on the right side, click on more options and under manage your account there is an option to forward your mail to another account.

-Piranha72

Hotmail auto forwarding

If you go to the options found on the right side, click on more options and under manage your account then, there is an option to forward your mail to another account. If you do that your Forwarded essages are deleted from Windows Live Hotmail. :(

-reply by Andrew

I am trying to set email on my phone but my phone dos'nt support Hotmail, but supports POP3 and IMAP...So is it possible for me to get my hotmail emails to be sent to my phone the same way My gmail emails are automatically sent to my phone..Since my phone dos'nt support the hotmail server can I automatically forward the emails from my hotmail account straight to my gmail then that sends it to my phone?

Hotmail has gotten sooo stupid, stick with gmail... Gmail is always updating and keeping up with whats hot and whats not... If I was you I would just take the risk on loosing some of your contacts and move to gmail. If they want to keep in contact with you then they should change your addy so they can email, I guess that is how you would know that they are contacts that you want to keep.~someone <3-reply by someone