xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
yusri

How To Autorun A Cd My first tutorial

How To Autorun A CDThis tutorial you'll see exactly how to autorun your CD projects and show your icon as the cd rom drive. It only takes a few minutes to get the CD ready, then just burn it with your burning software. It's easy to Autorun Setup programs, Autostart an eBook, slide show or any .exe file.Here's how to do it1. Open notepad, and copy below. Replace filename.exe with the actual name of your file.[autorun]open=filename.exe 2. Click file and Save as autorun.inf into the folder which contains the file you want to autostart. This will be the root directory of the CD.3. Now open your burning software and drag autorun.inf and filename.exe into the root directory of the CD (your CD/your 2 files) and burn it onto a blank CD.And that's all...Display IconOpen your autorun.inf with notepad and add the following line of code to line three..icon=iconname.icoNow select an icon from your icon collection and add it to the root directory. This will display the icon you just selected.Don't forget to replace iconname with the actual name of your icon.Have fun :)

Awesome! I wanna try this right away. But just one question, does the file that is run when the cd is loaded have to be an executable? I think that auto-running an .html or .mpg would be useful too.