xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cherri

JavaScript: A Welcome To Visitors Script give your visitor a warm welcome

I don't think that would be a "warm" welcome. I doubt that anyone would like that actually.

If you are using that anyways, try this instead:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--alert("A popup warning with this text.")--></script>

It generates a popup box that you can click OK in, may scare your visitors away. ;)

<script type="text/javascript"><!--alert("A popup warning with this text.")--></script><script language="JavaScript"><!--alert("text goes here")--></SCRIPT>can u define the defirence betweeen the both javascripts...................mshmsh2010...................

Can i ask what is JavaScirpt? Is it like html where you can make a website with?? or is it like to code layouts or make games with?? because i have the urge to learn it ;);)

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
alert("A popup warning with this text.")
-->
</script>

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
alert("text goes here")
-->
</SCRIPT>

can u define the defirence betweeen the both javascripts

Its the same for the header. But normally people would use

<script src="codes.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

or
<script type="text/javascript">codes here<script>

And here is a startup link to learn about Javascript as requested. Hope this help. Cheers

http://www.w3schools.com/js/

I am not so sure that this would be much of a warm welcome to visitors....this is usually the kind of thing that comes up on websites that contain viruses and such, plus since the box that comes up looks like a box that would come up in a program many visitors will think that your website may have downloaded something onto their computer, and they will therefore not like your website at all...

Seconded.I definitely do not consider a JavaScript popup a warm welcome. Perhaps if it were embeded in the page as a separate window, without a pop-up...

I am not so sure that this would be much of a warm welcome to visitors....this is usually the kind of thing that comes up on websites that contain viruses and such, plus since the box that comes up looks like a box that would come up in a program many visitors will think that your website may have downloaded something onto their computer, and they will therefore not like your website at all...

A warm welcome to visitor may not be wise in a website as what Brian mentioned. However a popup with important notices can useful. A few website that I've visited contain some Javascript popup that contain important notices. Guess if your college website will have those like project dues notices.. But for those welcome message... maybe not. ;)