xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Top 10 Registry Secrets

hi
I wish have a good time excuse me if i didn't post for one week ago.
I was in a travel and there was no internet connection so I couldn't...
OK...I think there is no problem now,to continue.

this is a wonderful and very useful teach and you can make your computer
diffrent.

Let's start:
in every part you should run the "Run" item from start menu
and write regedit and after that Enter.
You will see a window which we want work with that.
This window is very important part in Windows.
You can control maybe everything here.
Be careful...it can be dangrous too.
In all of codes you may need to restart or log out of Windows for the change to take effect.

So at first:
Start Menu===>Run==(Write)==>regedit==(Press)==>Enter

I'll inform some useful codes:

1. In this one you can Disable/Remove the Minimize, Maximize and Close Tooltips

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop Value Name: MinMaxClose Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value) Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)
Create a new String value, or modify the existing value, called 'MinMaxClose' and edit the value according to the settings below.
Exit your registry.

2.You can do this with the codes below: Disable Media Player Update Message

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\PlayerUpgradeValue Name: AskMeAgain, Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value), Value Data: "yes" or "no". Create a new String value, or modify the existing value, called 'AskMeAgain' and edit the value according to the settings below.
Exit your registry.

3.You can do this with the codes below:Disable Error Reporting

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReportingValue: DoReport, 1 = Send Reports, 0 = Don't Send.Exit your registry.

4.You will Disable Low Disk Space Message with these codes

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ ExplorerCreate or modify : NoLowDiskSpaceChecks REG_DWORD and set the value to 1. Logoff or Reboot.

5.You can do this with the codes below:Disable Search Assistant

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Explorer \ CabinetStateIn the right pane, look for or create a string value called : Use Search Asst set the value to:no
Exit your registry.

6.You can:Change the Text in Internet Explorers Title Bar

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer\MainIn the right pane,change the value of the string, "WindowTitle".

7.you can Disable Auto-Run of Windows Messenger!

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT \WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUNDelete the Value named "MSMSGS".

8.This is a way to how to Change Name and Company Information After You Install Win XP

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE\ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion In the right pane double-click RegisteredOrganization.Under "Value data", type the name that you want, and then click OK.
To change the name of the registered owner, do the following:
In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOwner.Under "Value data", type the name that you want,and then click OK or Exit.

9.In this way you may Change the Title of Windows Media Player

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsMediaPlayer Value Name:TitleBar, Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value).
Create a new string value called "TitleBar" and set it to the text you would like display in the title.
Restart Media Player for the change,to take effect.

(It didn't work for me! you try)
10.And in last one you will: Remove "All Programs" Button from the Start Menu

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion\Policies\ Explorer Value Name:NoStartMenuMorePrograms Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value) Value Data: (0 = default, 1 = disable button) Create a new DWORD value,or modify the existing value,called 'NoStartMenuMorePrograms' and edit the value according to the settings below then
exit your registry.

Please excuse me if they are repeated.(I don't want to spam)
I'll teach seconde part if you think is good.
I'm waiting for your opinion.
Thanks a lot.

Gret Stuff nini. I always wanted these type of infromation but never got it untill today. I have heard that by editing registry we can chamve log on screen. Tell us more about registry and demystify the mystry of registry. My yahoo id startpointer@yahoo.com.

Thats very nice stuff. But editing registry with registry entries/codes for everything is not recommended. Sometimes you may accidentally delete some required values. However most of them can be done without using regedit for example to disable error reporting Click on My Computer properties->Advanced Tab->Error Reporting->Disable error reporting or there are some free tools available to do all those tweaks.Manually editting registry works but it is not recommended.