xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
IniX

Looking For (free) Lie Detector Software.

Oh... never even thought of that. I'd imagine you couldn't get a (good) free one since you'd need a fairly high quality piece of software to accurately determine changes in stress levels and whatnot from someone talking into a mic. Plus you'd need a good mic or the software would be undermined by tech deficiencies. Its a cool idea though, I know I could make use of a polygraph now and again haha.

Yeep - not only a mic with excellent pickup, you also need a soundproof room with no ambient noise pilfering in. Lie detection based on voice-pitch modulation isn't an easy task and moreover, it can be fooled easily by someone with a little experience. More often its found that compulsive liars (who in fact totally believe in the stuff they say) come out in flying colors through this.

This is a very rough request! There was a lie detector program available for mobile phone and I even had a friend that got into a ifhgt with his girlfriend (now his ex) because of this.There are several things that you may want to think about before requesting such a thing. First, how in the world will you be using something like this? Are you talking about guides on how to become a "human lie detector"? Second, what are you going to use it for? Maybe you're just paranoid hehe!

lie detector

Looking For (free) Lie Detector Software.

Did you find any free lie detector software? I would like to get my hands on it too. Let me know mate pls.

-reply by calum

At the risk of sounding offensive you have been watching too much TV. The only input device readily available for a PC would be a microphone thus limiting you to voice analysis which is unreliable. Voice analysis can be read wrong for a number of reasons such as accents or having a sore throat. Voice can be fooled easily as well. Worse than not picking up lies from voice is the issue of statement being falsely identified as untrue. this applies to both VSA and LVA. An actual polygraph detector operator had to go through several months of training to operate one reliably. The detector does not just print out truth or lie. the results have to be read and analyzed. In other words it would be equally reliable to use a magic 8 ball.

I don't ,like many others, think you are going to get that type of quality and accuracy from free software. Here are my reasons why you would not be able to do what you want without cost:

You will need a ultra good microphone

You will need a sound-proofed room

You will need a high amount of hard disk, CPU and RAM for it to work without interrupting any other software

You will need the software

You will also need training if you can find a free polygraph detector so you can read the results accurately :(

Sorry i can't be more help.

superJazz: You don't need training and this is not true that you need high amount of hard disk, CPU or RAM.My members of the department are using the X13-VSA PRO Cobra device for over 2 years and swear by it.A. Williams Brooklyn, NY 11219

-reply by Williams

Presumptious much?Looking For (free) Lie Detector Software.

The asker has NOT been watching to much TV.  If you are too daft to give an articulate answer, shut up.  Its offensive and makes you look like an *bottom*. 

The answer is very simple, while there are MANY software programs that offer this capability, I don't think any worth a damn are free.  X13-VSA Pro is roughly $399 for the version I paid for.  The lower end versions are cheaper, but I prefer the higher end.  Now, you don't need to bring your PC or lappy along with you, you can record to a tape or digital olympus recorder and import the data files. 

I think its brilliant that so many people responded to this post and mentioned nothing but their impressions. 

Don't bother doing your research now Darasen or Superjazz, it's just going to further make you look like cocks.  

Accents MAY play a role, but tone and inflection don't change, not even with a sore throat.  And needing a soundproof room?  Sure buddy, what ever you think.  I have worked in intel for many years and VSA, while not perfect, gives a good start.  Polygraphs are a joke, a heart murmer or consuming large amounts of caffeine can toss those results.  

My guess is, you have no clue what your talking about, and perhaps you have watched to much TV.  And rather than being helpful, you were an *bottom* to an honest question.

To the one who asked: I have done some searching, and I can't seem to nail anything down that would be worth your time.  Save up and get something that costs money, its certainly worth it.  

Cheers,

Kal

Very nicely put Kal, I was thinking the same thing. Looking For (free) Lie Detector Software.

Some years ago there was a free program I downloaded from a college's website. I never got to use it  and can't remember which website it was. I've searched for it but have come up with nothing. So it is out there, somewhere. Good luck with that, question asker. And, once again, thank you Kal, for putting those answerers in their place. Very good form.

Thanks KalLooking For (free) Lie Detector Software.

Thanks Kal

You put it out there all these other miserable people are just *****ing... I've been doing so reasearch and the program you discribed is the best on the market... It's the most advanced out, its $299 for roughly 4 megabytes of software. To me it's abit steep cause I live in South Africa, thats about R2370 which could by a black berry. They also stopped sharing for free it cause apparently it is easy to crack. So you can't even test how accurate it is. But I did find a piece of freeware called "prevaricator". It's not user friendly and you have to judge, when the voice matches the vocal stress but it's still fun to use... Also for iphone users there is a app that detects lies during a phone call...

Use thiis wisly...

And the rest of you don't comment if you gona *****

-reply by Ryan

looking for free lie tetectorLooking For (free) Lie Detector Software.Kal is the most correct about the subject. They make a lie detector you can use by using it straite person to person, on the phone, on a recording, even on TV & radio. To start with get a general short chat that is the truth with that person that 's being tested. The micro chip will set a frequency of his vioce. Now that this is set automaticlly, when he or she tells a lie the concience or a different part of the brian takes over that is a different frequency and making the person uncomfortable is a plus too. When this happens the micro chip will do an algorithm with the previous frequency. The farther from the previous truths at the first settings, the more likey it's a lie! Language has no effect. Nether does sore throats. It's all in the mathmatics of the frequencys. Even in all of this it's still not 100% especially if the person in question is a compulsive lier anyway.